7mm easiest to put on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brsnow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking to dive a bit more here in Colorado between trips. What would be the easiest 7mm wetsuit to put on/take off that works well? With two recent shoulders surgeries, one each side, the struggle is real! Appreciate the insights.

Looking to dive a bit more here in Colorado between trips. What would be the easiest 7mm wetsuit to put on/take off that works well? With two recent shoulders surgeries, one each side, the struggle is real! Appreciate the insights.
Consider getting a custom Wetwear with zippers to your elbows and your knees.

Bare Reactive seemed pretty easy to me. Nothing like the horror stories I had heard. My 3mm is marginally harder in one respect because it doesn't have the ankle zips the 7mm has. The age-old advice to try it on first probably still applies. Good luck in the search!

Edit: my 3mm is an XL (fits great), but a XXL was perfect in the 7mm.

Are you solo or do you have someone who can zip for you?

Personally I would do a front zip drysuit. Had a 7mm, kept for a couple years after getting the drysuit as a backup plan. Realized I would never resort back to that plan and sold it.

I hadn’t thought about A dry suit fit a couple days a summer. I do however travel to the south bay California area regularly for work. Are dry suits easy to travel with?

Are dry suits easy to travel with

Not a problem, just follow the manufacturer's advice on how to pack them properly. The weak part is the zipper.

trilaminate drysuits are very easy to travel with, neoprene ones less so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom