7mm Semi Dry Repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquamaniac

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a Cressi 7mm Semi that I use for sub 20m dives.

This weekend I managed to get a small tear/nick in the neck seal, right on the egde,
Its not a problem as it is, but Im worried about it "growing"

Anyone have any suggestions, or Know a repairer in the GA area?

Would a decent dollop of aquaseal work? It'd at least give you some time before having to have the neck re-sealed. I used that stuff to patch a hole in the bladder of my bc and it's working as new.

If tear is such that two edges can be brought together, the best solution may be neoprene cement. Used carefully, and on the right kind of tear (i.e. a relatively clean one) the cement will render a repair that is nearly invisible and very strong. If the cement isn't viable, then the Aquaseal is definitely the next best thing.

Would a decent dollop of aquaseal work?
Aquaseal is great stuff, when used properly.
It should never be used to make neoprene repairs in high stretch areas because it's ability to stretch is less than the neoprene, making your neoprene fail right next to the repair.
Get a fresh can of plain old wetsuit cement, apply 2 coats allowing to dry tack free between coats and then press the 2 edges together as tightly as you can for several seconds & you'll have a good sturdy repair. Some 1/16" seam tape can be put on the non-sealing surface if you want to beef it up a little.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom