7mm W-1 or W-2 what's the best choice ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Islandheart

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Trying to make a decision on one of these two suits.

The W-1 is available in XL+ and the W-2 is available in XLs+, which is what my W-2 5mm is and my ole 3mm Capri.

Is the Front Zip suit a better and drier design ?

Thanks,

Bob C

I don't think it is a drier design... but for preference, I like a front zip esp when I get out of the water and want to keep my suit on for a while. It allows me to be more comfortable unzipping the front vs the back. However, getting out of a front zip design can be troublesome without help. I need someone to pull my suit down to my elbows to get out of it... no biggie.

I have also heard that the W1 and W2 neoprene is different... the W1 is supposed to be a better grade material and stretchier so better fitting.

I recently purchased a W-1. I absolutely love it, best wetsuit I have ever used. Its not drier or even semi dry. The front zip is great for comfort, but as mentioned in the post above, you need a buddy to help pull off the shoulders.

The material for the W1 and W2 is the SAME. The W1 is made of more pieces sewn together since the zipper is in the front. Also don't bother making a decision on the W1 or W2 7mm... the W1 is DISCONTINUED in the USA unless you happen to find the right size that a retailer has in stock. Trust me... I looked everywhere and all that I could find was an XXL and a SMALL - TALL.

Ordered a W1 Through Divers Supply in L+ and it came in , nice suit but don't like the fit around the neck, I have a 7mm W2 coming.

Got my W3 also a few days ago.

Guess you could say I'm a fan of Waterproof suits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom