7mm wetsuit suggestions!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love my Aqua Lung AquaFx - I've used it for a solid three years now and it's very comfortable!

I am looking to buy a 7mm wetsuit. The only dive shop in my area has one 7mm semi dry that is way above my price range.
I have been looking online, but am having a hard time choosing. I am considering the Henderson Thermoprene Pro but cannot find any customer reviews. Does anyone have input on this wetsuit? Or suggestions for another kind of 7mm?

Been reading this thread... Lots of good advice. My preference for brands through experience is Waterproof, Bare and Henderson Thermaxx but none of these brands make a difference if the suit doesn't fit well. Hence going to a good dive shop that will help you get into a good fitting suit and possibly getting an alteration if necessary so it fits just right. Trust me, getting a good fitting suit is what you are after, esp in cold water. Makes a big difference. A good brand or thick 7mm suit won't work if it is not fitted well to your body. You will know when you try it on. Stretchy suits are nice to put on but may not be as warm as other suits that don't stretch as much... Hence zippers.

Also realize that wearing a thicker suit may mean less mobility/comfort and will add weight to your belt/pouches. A good semi-dry suit with good seals and integrated hood would go a long way to keeping you warm. If you can, layer up to the thickness you need. It will give you more options later diving in different conditions.

Don't be in a hurry to buy. Spend once, cry once.

I love my Aqua Lung AquaFx - I've used it for a solid three years now and it's very comfortable!
Is that a typo or a suit I haven't heard of? I've been looking at the 7mm Aquaflex because I want warmth but also something easy to get on and off (I know, one tends to come at the expense of the other.) It seems like most people who have the suit are happy with it, but it doesn't get mentioned a lot.

or just say screw it and get a cheap used 7mm dry suit. even if it leaks a little it will still be better then any wet suit. hmmmmm......come to think of it, i even know someone selling one right now. wink wink

Is that a typo or a suit I haven't heard of? I've been looking at the 7mm Aquaflex because I want warmth but also something easy to get on and off (I know, one tends to come at the expense of the other.) It seems like most people who have the suit are happy with it, but it doesn't get mentioned a lot.
Yes, sorry AquaFlex. It's not cheap but it's definitely warm and very easy to get on and off. The Xs Scuba Mendo 7mm is a great, cost effective option. It's stretchy but definitely a small step down from the AquaFlex.

Thanks! Cost isn't much of an issue; I just don't want to freeze down below or stroke out up above wriggling in and out of an inflexible suit. Durability would be nice too, especially if it's going to be expensive to replace, but warmth and ease of donning and doffing are my top priorities.

Thanks! Cost isn't much of an issue; I just don't want to freeze down below or stroke out up above wriggling in and out of an inflexible suit. Durability would be nice too, especially if it's going to be expensive to replace, but warmth and ease of donning and doffing are my top priorities.
Definitely either the Aqua Lung AquaFlex or the Bare Evoke. I've done 100+ dives on mine (including my DMT), so they hold up!

I highly recommend seac Komoda 7mm, wrist & ankle zips!

Great advice here! Brand choice is very subjective, but having said that not all brands are equal. Up here in Canada, we’re used to cold water, unfortunately, and 7mm suits are common. Haha. Mine is a scubapro, which I like mainly because the model I’m using fits my body. Sure, thickness is critical but so is fitment. Try on a bunch of brands and see which one fits best. We all don’t have the same physique!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom