8/7/06 Sheridan Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

N@rco$i$:
Tracy, very nice report and pictures. That wreck is on my list as soon as I knock off 3 or 4 other wrecks I'm looking for a little north of there. You'll have to come along when I do get out there and give me the guided tour.

:confused: Okay, I don't know how on earth you can resist heading out. I am already ready to go again. :jump: I think I am addicted to the Sheridan for the moment. How far north have you been heading?

OMG what a great dive!
8-12-06
The Sheridan was amazing today … my first time to dive her 8 am on the dive site was great … the bait fish where jumping out of the water, huge schools where stretched across the entire site. I love to watch the fish ball up and spread apart; what a beautiful site. The Sheridan sat in about 80ft of water and is a fun wreck to dive she has great swim troughs and lots of rooms to explore. Goliath groupers and barracudas made the ship home and I was their guest.

The Blackthorn site is covered in sea grass and tons of small fish play hide and seek as I swim by … the ship itself is broken up all over the artificial reef and offers many place to explore with your flashlight. This was an interesting dive with lots of life but nothing like the Sheridan.

The Rube Allen site was a fun dive. It was an artificial reef with lots of big culverts for sea life to hide in and it offers some fun swim troughs. On this dive I was under the observation of schools of Barracudas with the small ones hanging around at the bottom with me. The gulf is a amazing place and I am happy to have had the chance to spend my day with her.

3 dives back at the dock by 2pm … what a great day!

77ft

78ft

46ft

This was a private charter … Dane is the man who can get the boats in the Tampa/Sarasota area. I would recommend him to any of my friends and divers.

Need a boat call 813-850-1098 ask for Dane

Missdirected:
:confused: Okay, I don't know how on earth you can resist heading out. I am already ready to go again. :jump: I think I am addicted to the Sheridan for the moment. How far north have you been heading?

I have been going to the Star Shrimper (apparently just a debris field now) and the Anclote Tug (haven't been able to locate it yet). I want to do 1 or 2 more in that same area, then it's down to the Sheridan and others in that area.

I also plan to move the boat up to Crystal river in November or December for about 2 months to dive the springs up that way and see the Manatee's. Then I'll probably move the boat down to somewhere around John's pass in January or February so I'm closer to the good stuff and maybe in range of Venice?

Sounds like a great dive and a lot of fun. Thanks much for the pictures. Love the bait balls.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom