9/13 Picnic Beach Dive-EVENT INFO ONLY, no off topic chat please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was real nice meeting everyone today. A little rough (especially the swim back), but a lot fun. I'm looking forward to the next one!

Greg

Sorry I missed most everybody. I slept in late, and Hermit Crab wasn't feelin 100% either, so we got a very slow start. All ended well though, and it was nice seeing Walter and family, John and Showboat.

Justin, too bad you missed a wonderful dive and it was great meeting new and old friends.... Dive report was that viz was 100 feet, about 100 lobsters and yes a 40 foot whale shark joined in on this wonderful event... The food was great and just loved the chili pie once again and the ice coooold drinks that was available... Cant wait for the next get together

It sure was nice to dive with the manta rays, but didn't enjoy the great white shark as much as I thought I would. The highlight had to be almost catching the Leviathan with wormil!:D

It was good to see you all and we really missed all of you who couldn't make it!
Debby, let's plan Octo-under-fest!

Wiz

I had a great time!!! It was definitely one of the best dives of my life...mirror-flat seas, gin-clear visibility, and lobsters running out of their dens into my net! Finding the pile of gold doubloons didn't suck either.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I wished I could have stayed later but I had stuff to do at home. It was great seeing people I already knew in person and meeting other people who I only knew by screen name. NICE people and GREAT food! (mmmmm chili pie!) Ate the first brat of my life and it won't be the last, yum!

It turns out that a bunch of us have October b'days so, as Wys suggests...instead of OctOBERfest we need to have OctUNDERfest! :D (Please not October 5 or the weekend of the 17th!)

Thanks Justin for setting this up and thanks to all who came for making it a fun day!!!

It was so nice to meet all of you today and put faces to the *user* names.

Greg & Monica: I'm glad everything worked out well on your swim back. I hope to see both again at the next get together although I can't promise such pristine conditions as what we had today! :rofl3:

The food and drinks were great and my son Steven wants to find the recipe for the chili pie so my wife can learn to make it for him. :blinking:

Cheers All,
Hector

You guys all suck!

Come on you two, we really did miss you!

The Chili pie recipe is a family secret, but my wife would be willing to part with it if you decide to become her personal beach dive sherpa.

My wife and I were considering celebrating the october b-days by opening up our home to you all for a chili pie fight!

I'm accepting gift certificates from scubatoys or divers direct :D

Dan, we'll put a muzzle on you to protect the kids:no:

Wiz

Last edited:
NO NO NO what a waste of Chili Pie!!! :shakehead:

How about a Jello fight instead? :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom