$90 USB Cable!!!?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you for posting this. So if I'm not entirely sure how to make one, where would I go to find someone who can build me one of these? Like a radio shack or electronics place? Thanks again for your help
I realize that this is a 5-year-old thread, but it was the first search result I came across when I was looking for an Oceanic Veo data cable pinout. Not finding any answers I figured it out myself and am posting this here for anyone else who comes looking. It's a traditional 3.3V UART interface, with the addition of a 220k-ohm pullup resistor on the computer's TX line.

View attachment 368421

I realize that this is a 5-year-old thread, but it was the first search result I came across when I was looking for an Oceanic Veo data cable pinout. Not finding any answers I figured it out myself and am posting this here for anyone else who comes looking. It's a traditional 3.3V UART interface, with the addition of a 220k-ohm pullup resistor on the computer's TX line.

View attachment 368421

Thank you for posting this. So if I'm not entirely sure how to make one, where would I go to find someone who can build me one of these? Like a radio shack or electronics place? Thanks again for your help

New diver...been lurking here on SB for a little while. One thing I've been noodling on is this cable stupidity. I have a Veo and am considering trying this...you might find it useful too...

Stuff and things: Oceanic Geo2.0 DIY data cable

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom