A bit of a problem.... need to find parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robint

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have the HERO 2, very happy with it, including the monitor back and several backup batteries. On my trip last week I was getting back on the boat and had a brainfart, bumped the front glass over the lens. Smack! Well, it cracked... no flood, but I am without a functional housing now.

So.... I need a new underwater housing for the GoPro Hero 2 AND a red filter. (I had the Backscatter housing with round port and filter)
It seems most of the housings and filters out there for sale now are for the Hero 3. I can find the housing I need, but no filter. Does the Hero 3 red filter fit the Hero 2 housing?
I really don't want to have to buy the Hero 3 and then all the accessories when I already have them for the Hero 2.

thanks!

robin

Look up Gopro hero 2 dive case, should work fine and they make red filters for those

---------- Post added May 15th, 2014 at 02:34 PM ----------

I believe polar pro or whatever they are called make a filter specifically for hero's/hero 2

Today I found the Polar Pro red snap on filter on Ebay as well as the flat-port housing by GoPro, both for the Hero 2... just wondering if there any other options. It seems that GoPro does not make anything for the HERO 2 now which is really frustrating!

so does anyone know if the red filters for the Hero 3 fit the Hero 2 housing? How much of a size difference is there? Anyone have both?

No the hero 2 lens is much bigger on the hero 2 housing. The lens covers half the ftont screen, I know for sure it won't fit...maybe a backscatter flip might work but they are not recieving good reviews

No the hero 2 lens is much bigger on the hero 2 housing. The lens covers half the ftont screen, I know for sure it won't fit...maybe a backscatter flip might work but they are not recieving good reviews

thanks!

Sorry, just sold off the last of my hero 2 dive housings last week. But they are still readily available on ebay, you just may have to wait a bit for a good price. As far as red filters, SRP domes are out there but it takes a bit of searching to find them. You might check to see if this one is legit "The Dome" Filter for GoPro Dive Housing Only | Focus Precision Inc. If not, the oculus ones are still available on ebay.

The polar pro snap on filters for the Hero 2 are awful if you have any overhead sunlight. Get the SRP Dome. I have both.

well, after considering all my options............. silly question, I have the monitor back for my Hero 2 and LOVE it. I need it for framing the shot while filming. Does it fit the GoPro 3 models??? Looking at the GoPro website last night and I got the impression that it does but there might be an issue with the back door not fitting. Anyone??

I am torn now between upgrading to GoPro 3 and keeping my GoPro 2 for underwater. I can always use the 2 for topside stuff, which I still do. I just hate spending $300+ to get the upgrade if I don't need to do it.

thanks everyone for your help!

robin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom