A day at Force Fin HQ USA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blair Mott

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Bob Evans is not the typical CEO. He is a guy who can not keep his own hands out of every process that a Force Fin goes through prior to arriving on the market.

Yesterday at Force Fins HQ USA was a typical day. The sounds of the drill press running, power tools going in all directions and then the intense lull at headquarters when the master hand crafters turn their skill to trimming newly arrived fins from our American Plants and hand sanding and examining the Force Fin molds that are really the birth of a Force Fin as the finest materials are poured into a two part mold before baking, cooling and releasing-A total of 26 hours.

Below is a few photos that shows some of the work at Force Fins HQ USA yesterday.
bevans_sanding.jpg

Bob Evans works on another 2 part mold for one of the 31 different Force Fin models. Everything is hand crafted and takes days of precise craftsmanship and skill to create the perfect smart fin with upturned wing tips, thickness and accuracy.
rf_slimfin.jpg

Bob Evans long time assistant, Robert Flores, works on creating a new master for the Force Fin Slim Fin. Force Fins number one Fitness swimming fin.
newsize.jpg

Bob Evans takes a self portrait with the new Flying Force Fin before he begins to make the master for a new size of the Flying Force Fin XXL. This is just one part of the hand crafted process that every Force Fin model goes into production.
betrim.jpg

President and Creator of Force Fins, Bob Evans, wants to ensure top quality of Force Fin products by personally trimming and examining every fin that comes from our AMERICA production companies.
ff_sunrise.jpg

Bob Evans, Creator and President of Force Fins, examines a new pair of Force Fin Tan Deltas as the sun sets in Santa Barbara, California. Photo by Paul Flores

I think I need some new fins! I am thinking smoke black Mil Tan Deltas and xxl Tan Delta flying Force. Back in Ketchikan I have a Rescue and Divemaster starting when I return. An Alaskan winter diving Force Fins every week might be just what the Docter ordered!

Chris1511tay, sorry it's not fire, it's called energy. Wait till you feel and see the blue light, who knows what you will think? Best Bob

Chris1511tay, sorry it's not fire, it's called energy. Wait till you feel and see the blue light, who knows what you will think? Best Bob

I know when I felt the blue light I was like, "Owww! Crap!" and I never lit another fart again.

fycutt_bpm.jpg

Just one step in the creation of a Flying Force Fin. Here Bob Evans is cutting the foiled wing tips off of the model Large where he will add winglets. This model will be used to create the final mold for the Flying Force Fin in size large. The Flying Force Fin is now available in Large XL and XXL sizes.
http://www.forcefin.com/Merchant2/m...duct_Code=FY&Category_Code=51&Product_Count=0

Last edited:
Blair,
I really like the shop pictures and the info you provided with. I knew a lot was involved in the process, didn't realize how many hour were involved and the personal dedication. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Joel

Back
Top Bottom