A different kind of snorkel (VIDEO)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SouthFla

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
For those of you that have never explored the mangroves and seagrass fringes, or if you always fly past them on your way out to the reefs, I can't recommend them enough. They're always a calm and serene snorkel away from ocean swells and currents, and they house an amazing amount and variety of life. :wink:

Hope you enjoy!

In the mangroves

Cool vid!

Enid. I got my cert at TK also.

Cool video! Thanks for sharing!:D

I didn't expect to enjoy it...but I did very much, thank you!

Neat, but............................................ where's the giant man-eating crocodile?

Neat, but............................................ where's the giant man-eating crocodile?

Hehe 8 miles due West in the cooling canals of our nuke power plant :D

Thanks all, glad you enjoyed :wink:

Great clip - really good example of how many fish species use the mangroves as habitat when they're young. That includes some sharks, which can always be a fun surprise.

It's been about 11 years since I went snorkeling at Elliott Key, back when I was a young and optimistic undergraduate. Good to see you were wearing partial rashguards; I remember the one time I went after some lobsters in the mangroves down around Key Largo - might have been Rodriguez Key. I didn't wear enough sunscreen that day and then compounded the error by running my back up against some fire sponges on the prop roots. I may have used up an entire bottle of aloe that night trying to ease the pain.

Hehe 8 miles due West in the cooling canals of our nuke power plant :D

Thanks all, glad you enjoyed :wink:

Heh, not quite. Last I checked FPL was having issues there; between not having enough rain lately and the hot summer they had to ask for a) more water from SFWMD and b) permission from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission to let the maximum water temp in the canals go up to 104 degrees. Methinks the crocs got the hell out rather than get boiled :coolingoff:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom