A fight with a SHARK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doesn't that hurt like a muthah when they suck onto you? I had a dive buddy who was harrassed by one, and our DM desperately chased him away several times (the fish not the diver). I thought it was funny, but the DM told us that it was agony. I didn't really believe him, but we respected his knowledge.

I've seen them at Venice Beach.

Walter:
It was probably a Sharksucker. I've never seen a Remora in Florida waters. Sharksuckers will sometimes bite.

I did not won't any part of this thang. Bitting or sucking on to me. I wonder how big is the thank that rides?

I have had a couple remoras try to hitch a ride. One got on my shoulder in the Philippines and another pestered me in the Keys. I also was wondering where the sharks were that they came off of. I have noticed a correlation of big remoras on big sharks. A large remora would make me a bit edgy...

But I will take remoras over leeches anytime. Yuck !

They are in every ocean in the world! They ride with many different species including Turtles and Groupers! They feed off bits and pieces the other animals leave behind during feeding! They can be annoying at times, but harmless, and after all you can't stay down forever? Right? :D

My oh my, I was reading this thinking....and I too drunk to understand? LOL!

I enjoy when divemasters sick that kind of thing on me when I visit Florida...normally makes for a great photo! Then we get to the boat and get a few more nice photos!

Good luck with the sharks, and their friends!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom