A Fusion for the Next Generation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok...if that is the case, just how many technical divers do we have to get together before you'll make one that is just all black - no graphics, no BS, maybe just a small tasteful white logo - and one that you don't charge and arm and a leg for like the limited edition?

There is a market for it as evidenced by numerous posts here and a post where you asked for ideas - and got requests for plain old black. When can we expect whites to just stop ignoring it and just make on in basic black?

I wouldn't say they are ignoring you, we as divers asked for a tech skin we got a tech skin, we asked for pockets we got pockets. Seems like they listen thus far, the suit when it first came out got a lot of flack because people didn't like the idea of something so thin and due to lack of...well perseved durability would hold up or preform . Now it seems to be dominating the dry market. I wonder if Whites had always listen to or follow others if they would be around today or would they be just another dry suit manufacture.

Hats off to Whites for thinking outside the CUBICAL!!

PS: I wonder if I went to SONY and asked them to make a purple T.V. and had 20 of my best friends to sign a petition if they would manufacture it? Hmmm that isn't a bad idea, I like purple, I'm going to go onto their forum tonight and ask them. :lotsalove:

" I remember when sex was safe and diving was dangerous " :ar15:

You could get a pallet full of sharpies, hook them up to a auto-milker with a bucket underneath, and when you're done, just dunk the suit. Then you wouldn't even need to concede a tasteful white logo.

I would even pitch in for the sharpies, let me know where I can wire the money. Ha, ha, :rofl3:

You just made my night, I'm spent!

"I remember when sex was safe and diving was dangerous" :ar15:

I wouldn't say they are ignoring you, we as divers asked for a tech skin we got a tech skin, we asked for pockets we got pockets. Seems like they listen thus far, the suit when it first came out got a lot of flack because people didn't like the idea of something so thin and due to lack of...well perseved durability would hold up or preform . Now it seems to be dominating the dry market. I wonder if Whites had always listen to or follow others if they would be around today or would they be just another dry suit manufacture.

Hats off to Whites for thinking outside the CUBICAL!!
No argument regarding out of the box thinking.

Despite 15 years of dry suit use and biases - or perhaps because of them, I was one of the early buyers of the suit. Current suits have the zippers running in the same rather than opposite directions, have a slicker inner surface, they have improved the suspenders and you no longer need to buy the sport skin and add the tech skin as an after purchase option but can instead get a tech skin with the suit. And they added pockets. Not great pockets, but useable pockets.

All of those changes came about as a result of customer input and/or complaints. If Whites had NOT listened to customer input, the Fusion would not be nearly as functional as it is today and Whites would be just another dry suit manufacturer. You can't beat people with both ends of the stick and suggest that they are out of the box thinkers and therefore should have to listen to customers.

White's history of responsiveness to the several changes needed to the Fusion begs the question that if they can add a tech skin, pockets, change the zipper design, change the suspender materials and develop a new slicker inner surface, what is so impossibly hard about just making a tech skin without the power ranger graphics? Its not like I am asking for air conditioning and a wet bar.

I have had my fusion for over a year and do not really care for the graphics either. They do not make me crazy but I would rather them not be there. When I see pics of myself either in or out of the water and see those graphics I think that they look quite goofy. It obviously did not keep me from buying it but I too have heard from other divers that it will keep them away from it.

Phil

I bought my Fusion for function, not for a fashion show. You girls go ahead and show off your nice pretty suits to each other on the boat...... I'll be somewhere below the surface. :D Of course, I say that after buying the all black Limited Edition Fusion...... you have to love a hypocrite :cool2:

Clearly there are a couple of people upset here because we have built special suits for the Roddenberry team and have not addressed the dedicated tech dive divers here that have supplied us with a lot of information and help on developing this suit...

So,

Lets just say theoretically that we did make a suit with "fewer" graphics, I say fewer because this is a patented product, we will not send out this product without our company name/logo, the Fusion logo and patented DryCore logo. Each of these logos are quite small....up on the shoulders. Essentially a Limited Edition - no trident/helmet graphic, no fusion leg graphic...

The Limited Edition has 2mm super stretch neoprene - which is considerably more expensive than regular neoprene, and also has 2 mm compressed neoprene knee pads - those 2 things + the fact that this is a "Custom" request drive up the cost....it is possible for us to produce a suit like this, but we have to do it within the confines of our cost and market demand.

So the big question is....would you buy a solid black LE, with a few core logos, at the same price as the LE?

Is this a price issue or a product/logo issue?

Until the Next Dive....

Tyler

It's neither. I don't mind a few logos, that has never been the issue. And the LE is fine as the graphics/logos are tasteful and not over done.

That said, I'd be fine with a regular tech skin with the same limited number of logos, but at some point it does become a cost issue.

As a fairly early Fusion buyer/user I had to buy the sport skin as it came with the suit and had to buy the tech skin separately as they would not sell it with a suit sans sport skin at that time, so its something of an issue to buy a third skin for the suit in the first place. In that regard paying the higher LE price is less appealing, since I already paid for two previous skins.

Now, to be fair, if I were just getting my first Fusion, my perspective would be different as just the suit with a LE skin to start with would be a very attractive option well worth the money.

If I wanted a custom skin, I'd be inclined to get one in green with a brown swim suit to match my custom "Shrek" hood to complete the "Shrek Exley" look. :D Of course, before you post pics of the "Shrek Dive Team" suit, you'd want to be sure you offerred a basic black suit (with whatever logos you want but no graphics) as well.

If I wanted a custom skin, I'd be inclined to get one in green with a brown swim suit to match my custom "Shrek" hood to complete the "Shrek Exley" look. :D Of course, before you post pics of the "Shrek Dive Team" suit, you'd want to be sure you offerred a basic black suit (with whatever logos you want but no graphics) as well.

I am in on the Shrek Dive Team. Can you get me a price and availability on the Ogre skin?:tongue:

Thanks,
U/O

In conjunction with the Roddenberry dive team, Whites recently made some drysuits for their team.

Check it out! I might have to go see the new Star Trek movie....

Roddenberry Dive Team | Coming Soon

Until the next dive

Tyler

Sweetness. Of course TNG > TOS :D

In regards to the regular fusion: Could you make an optional cape for it? I would so wear it :D

I am in the same boat as DA. I bought my suit when it only came with the Sport Skin and then I purchased the Tech Skin when it came out. I would not spend the money on another skin unless something happened with the tech skin that I have, but if I were buying a new suit (maybe for my wife this year), I would go with the more plain LE skin for sure....

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom