A girls best friend and how to get him to stay on the boat (?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Me too! We have too much in common already - I do need a real job, I'm a fantastic cook so long as you like real food. I'm really good with animals :) If you happen across a rich sugar mama with a yacht ... I'll be your cook instead! :p
Deal. However I am not quite sure my wife would be crazy about me finding a rich sugar mama!!!! lol :)

He thinks you've drowned and is looking for you.

I'd leave him home when you go diving. It's kinder.

flots.
Agreed, Trying to get him to understand your OK when scuba diving-vs-free diving [he sees the tanks and knows the difference] is going against his desire/instinct to save/protect you...They're highly intelligent animals, but your trying to go against generations of breeding.....You may get him to stop the 'behavior' but the stress will always be there :( !!!!!.....DON"T STRESS YOUR 'BUDDY' !!!!!!!.......St. Francis of Assisi, doesn't like that !!!!!!!

Someone already mentioned the answer. It's desensitising your dog to your length of disappearance from the surface. Your dog may already recognize the difference between scuba gear on you and not. If he does you'll have to start there, getting him used to you wearing it on your boat, then in the water floating around, then snorkeling around, then finally start taking very short dives, 1-2 minutes, coming back up and saying hi to your buddy, then keep working to extend the time. It could take you weeks to do this, but you'll eventually get him comfortable with you disappearing underwater for longer and longer times.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom