A HUGE fear of mine!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wijbrandus:
I use the same one I have had for seven years. Hardly any spam.

Where are you surfing on the Internet? Certain kinds of websites are known for the amount of spam they can generate... :wink:

The problem isn't the sites I visit, it's the friends (?) I have that insist in putting my email address in cc instead of bcc in big chain mails and then firing them off to hundreds of other emails.
Coincidence or not I had to give up one of my mails recently because of a message about a lost child during the tsunami. My email address went into one of these pyramid things and a few days later I was being inundated with spam offering me a cheap mortgage.
With friends like this who needs enemies. :eyebrow:

dbg40:
This is SO WEIRD!!! I was thinking or learning to fly, but am scared to death because I heard that the uncontrolled DEscent can make my whole body explode!..See you guys in 4 years:)
Heh, not hardly. Flying is great, and you can take an introductory flight for something like $40....you should do it, you'd love it. On the introductory flight the instructor will usually let you fly the plane for a while.

miketsp:
The problem isn't the sites I visit, it's the friends (?) I have that insist in putting my email address in cc instead of bcc in big chain mails and then firing them off to hundreds of other emails.
Coincidence or not I had to give up one of my mails recently because of a message about a lost child during the tsunami. My email address went into one of these pyramid things and a few days later I was being inundated with spam offering me a cheap mortgage.
With friends like this who needs enemies. :eyebrow:

Yeah, ok, you win. Glad I don't have any friends. Hehe.

This thread gets my award for the most convoluted thread. :)

So, what I wish to know is:

What happened to Baddoger? Is he still patrolling the skies above us, or has he taken the big plunge into SCUBA land?

Carbon

herman:
Glad to hear I helped. As for the wreck cert, it depends somewhat on what agency that you go with, PADI,NAUI,SSI but usally, you need to get at least their first cert and then take a specialty. I HIGHLY recommend that no matter what agency that you go with, that you take your time and do a bunch of "easy" dives to perfect your skills. Diving is not hard but it is a sport of learned skills that take time to perfect and the only way to improve them is to dive. One BIG mistake new divers make is to get in over their head too soon (forgive the pun!!)and start doing dives they are not ready to handle, think of the first cert you get as a learners permit and not a license to do any dive you want. You need to become very comfortable with your new equipment and the new world you are in before you tackle deep wreck diving ( I live on the North Carolina coast and most of our wreck diving is 100 ft or more)In my area, there is a quarry that we do a lot of diving in, it is not deep or very interesting but the skills that you need to practice to be a good diver are easily done there and the cost is low.

-----------------------------------------------------
Herman, I just recently moved to the NC Coast (Swansboro) and would like to learn more about the diving around here. Can you help me out. Prior to this, I was actively involved in the PDRA (Piedmont Dive Rescue Association) and did quarry dives all around Charlotte and Burlington. You also mentioned some quarry's around the coast as well. I'm not sure which ones you are talking about, but I would like to learn more.

Thanks,

Steve

carbon:
This thread gets my award for the most convoluted thread. :)

So, what I wish to know is:

What happened to Baddoger? Is he still patrolling the skies above us, or has he taken the big plunge into SCUBA land?

Carbon

Yes, you are correct. This thread has gotten way off topic. If you all want to continue the grammer thread let me know and I can split it. Maybe Baddoger will give us an update as to whether or not he took SCUBA lessons. It also seems like we have a lot of people on the board who fly and SCUBA dive.

NC myerssl, I'm sure Herman will definitely be able to give you some great info on diving in the NC area. I had the honor of diving with Herman just once :wink: and he is a really nice guy. In the meantime, check out the NC forum here on Scubaboard. You can get info regarding NC diving, and if you're ever in the need of a diving buddy that is the place to find someone.

Mel

The grammar discussion was split into another thread located at: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=1027155#post1027155

Brittany, I promised you last week I would sign up my daughter so you could chat. Her name is Dana, she is 13 and has done 6 dives so far so you two have almost the same experiance. I'll get her signed up soom.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom