A Little Direction Please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DANM

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Everyone;
I'm An Advanced Diver, With Nitrox. I'm Looking To Get Into Tech Diving. I've Been Spearfishing Mostly I Have Aprox 110 Dives, Most Of Which Were Spearfishing And Checking Out Semi Deep Wrecks. The Person Who I've Been Diving With Mostly Is A Tech Diver, And I Am Interested In Deeper, Longer Dives. I Want To Be Full Trimix Certified, One Person I Talked To Wanted Me To Get Cavern Cerified First As A Step Twards Tech Nitrox And Deco Theory And Helitrox, Then To Trimix, Then To Advanced Trimix. The Reason Was I Would Get A Cavern C Card, And Recieve Much More Training And Dicipline Instead Of Just Taking An Intro To Tech Class. This Makes A Lot Of Sense, Then Someone Else Wanted Me To Take A Deep Diver Course Also, Which Is Fine, My Question Is What Is Realy The Best Route To Be The Best Diver Without Just Taking Courses To Take Courses. I Know This Sounds Funny, But I've Seen People With Multiple C Cards That Are No Better Divers Then People With Just An Advanced C Card. Any Feedback Would Greatly Be Appreciated. Thanks, Dan

Dive alot, with many people. And get training...you need both.
OH!!...And try not capitalize every word...I almost pulled what hair I have left out trying to read your post.

Good luck

Sorry I Leave The Caps Lock On Because I'm Not A Typist

Sorry I Leave The Caps Lock On Because I'm Not A Typist

That's not caps lock, THIS IS. Leave the Shift button alone and all your problems will be solved.. cept maybe the best route to being a better diver, the Shift button won't help with that. as far as that goes, i guess you'll have to take my opinion with a grain of salt considering my dive status, but i figure that the best way to do it is to do what you're interested in. if you like taking courses, then taking courses for the sake of taking courses may be enjoyable and you'll become a better diver in the process, if the cavern course is of interest to you, go that route. you learn best when you enjoy what you're learning. experience makes you better too, so don't forget to dive just because you can.

Back
Top Bottom