A new type of competition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I apologize that my first post here is a promotional one. But it is for an underwater photography competition that is FREE to enter and is being organised by a not-for-profit Society, that I hope that you all are interested in.

This is just a quick announcement about a new type of underwater photography competition - designed to inject a bit of fun and bring the international community of underwater photographers closer together.

BSoUP - The British Society of Underwater Photographers - has always run monthly competitions for our members. This month we are opening up our competition to all underwater photographers.
\http://www.bsoup.org/News.php#focuson

Its a great chance to see what the experienced audience of British underwater photographers make of your work. The entries will be projected at the next BSoUP meeting on the 17th August and the winner and top 10 announced at the end of the evening.

The closing date is the 16th August - so send me your pictures today - to alex@amustard.com.
Please send images as JPGs at screen res (up to 1024x768 pixels). Each photographer is only allowed to enter one image.

Its completely free to enter and there is a trophy on offer for the winner. There is no theme, but like any competition, eye catching images will always do well. There are no rules on image manipulation, but I would add that BSoUP members are all underwater photographers and tend not to vote for overly modified images.

I look forward to receiving your entries.

Best regards,

Alex

Congratulations to Mike Veitch for winning the in augral BSoUP International Focus On Competition held last night in London. You can see the top 10 entries here:
http://www.bsoup.org/Focus_on/August_2005/intfocuson.php

Mike beat off competition from the UK, USA, Canada, Belgium, Greece, Italy, Croatia, Slovenia, Hungary, Russia, Poland, Venezuela, Thailand, Philippines, British Virgin Islands, Yap and the Cayman Islands.

The Top 10 were as follows:
WINNER MIKE VEITCH (Yap). 47pts.

2nd CHARLES HOOD (UK). 42pts.
3rd GILES SHAXTED (Cayman Islands). 22pts.
3rd HEATHER HAMMOND (UK). 22pts.
5th GREGA VERC (Slovenia). 19pts.
6th FRANCESCO VISINTIN (Italy). 18pts.
7th STEVE JONES (UK). 16pts.
8th JEAN BRUNEAU (Canada). 15pts.
9th JP TRENQUE (UK!). 13pts
10th LEN DEELEY (UK). 10pts.

Thank you to all who entered for making this competition such as success. I am already planning to be away next August so I don't get stuck with organising next year's event!

Alex

Welcome to SB, Alex.

<kicks self> ...wishing I wasn't on a trip when you made the first post...

All the best, James

Back
Top Bottom