A poll companion to the recent pony thread. Do you carry one?

Do you carry a pony (a redundant air supply for emergencies, NOT used to extend bottom time .)

• Yes, when I think the profile requires it.

Votes: 64 46.4%
  • Yes, on every dive regarless of profile

Votes: 20 14.5%
  • No, it's not necessary for me ever.

Votes: 25 18.1%
  • I'm on the fence, still deciding.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I don't often because I prefer a stage.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I use another form of gas redundancy.

Votes: 24 17.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

re: "Do you carry a pony (a redundant air supply for emergencies, used to extend bottom time, etc.)"

A pony is redundant and for emergencies only. If you're carrying another tank/bottle for extending bottom time then it's called a stage rather than a pony.

re: "Do you carry a pony (a redundant air supply for emergencies, used to extend bottom time, etc.)"

A pony is redundant and for emergencies only. If you're carrying another tank/bottle for extending bottom time then it's called a stage rather than a pony.

I read your post several time trying to figure out why you are repeating what I typed, then realised the 'NOT' is missing. LOL.
It dropped off when I was re-editing the sentence. Let me see if I can fix.

I read your post several time trying to figure out why you are repeating what I typed, then realised the 'NOT' is missing. LOL.
It dropped off when I was re-editing the sentence. Let me see if I can fix.
OIC! That's one crucial conjunction. :)

I can't fix my typo.

Can a Moderator please amend that line in brackets to read: 'a redundant air supply for emergencies, 'NOT' used to extend bottom time, etc.

Done.

Since we're still wordsmithing, would a few more no options be helpful?

I don't often because I prefer a stage... But I can't vote "yes"

... And I can't vote "no, it's not necessary ever".

I started riding my pony a few months ago when my buddy was recovering from rotator cuff surgery. I have carried it pretty much on every dive since just to be used to it being there, it really goes unnoticed for the most part. If my buddy who uses less air than I do decided to go on one of his triple digit time dives it may end up as a stage, you just never know.

I wonder how many who never use a pony use another form of redundancy. It would be interesting if the poll could reflect that as I am sure that someone who always uses doubles or side-mount would not also carry a pony.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom