A quick Blackbeard's question ...........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbm

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a quick question for any recent Blackbeard's passengers.......

I am doing my second BB trip in about a weeks time. My first trip was also in March, but several years ago, when the trip originated in Miami. When crossing the Gulfstream, I was very happy to have my foul weather gear.

For this years trip, since BB now boards in Freeport, there is no Gulfstream to cross and I anticipate all seas will be rather pleasant. I am wanting to minimize my gear and would like to leave my foul weather gear at home.

My question to recent ( especially this winter) BB passengers is..... on your trip was foul weather gear needed?

Thanks in advance for any replies......

jbm

Well, I went with them last Sept. (rainy & hurricane season) Except for a little rain just before we left, a brief, 5 min. shower during the trip & it started raining again as we left, the weather was great. The good thing about them being in the Bahamas,now, was we got to do our first dive 30 min. after leaving port. I just barely had time to set my gear up(of course I arrived only an hour before the boat left, so I didn't have much time any way:D ).

jbm:
My question to recent ( especially this winter) BB passengers is..... on your trip was foul weather gear needed?
I'm curious. What is "foul weather gear" on a dive trip in warm water? An extra T-shirt in case it gets wet in the rain?

They suggest a rain suit because the only real shelter during a rain storm is below decks. It can get cool down there in the winter, early spring & late fall time. Couple that with body heat loss from diving...... you can get quite chilled.

you could have just as rough seas as a gulfstream crossing- it all depends on the wind direction- and weather one of the last cold fronts of the season is passing by-pack something warm/waterproof, just in case. trust me (and hopefully you wont need it!)

Back
Top Bottom