A repository of 3D print STL sources

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You could print a mold and cast the mouthpiece from an appropriate silicone resin.

I was hoping someone had done one, and save me the work, or at least i could modify drawing :wink:
My brothers printer should be able to do flexible prints, but we haven't tried anything yet.... thought it would be a good test project... will see maybe in the winter I'll try.

I tried to print a mouthpiece with flex filament, but it resulted too stiff. The softest filament here has a duro of 95. Mouthpieces are duro 60. Too soft for a FDM printer.
I've also did a two piece model to cast a silicone mouthpiece, but I could not get an adecuate silicone to make a try. Unfortunately getting import woods here is too hard.
You can see what was discussed here : making my own mouth pices

Attachments

• IMG_2266.JPG
    IMG_2266.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 44
  • Captura de pantalla (33).png
    Captura de pantalla (33).png
    26.7 KB · Views: 41
I tried to print a mouthpiece with flex filament, but it resulted too stiff. The softest filament here has a duro of 95. Mouthpieces are duro 60. Too soft for a FDM printer.
I've also did a two piece model to cast a silicone mouthpiece, but I could not get an adecuate silicone to make a try. Unfortunately getting import woods here is too hard.
You can see what was discussed here : making my own mouth pices
I would think the Smooth-Sil 960 would work for casting.

Google casting PDMS in SLA molds.

We do it routinely at work and it produces excellent results.
There are lots of silicones that work, for the best results you also need a vacuum chamber.
Two or even three part molds are not difficult.

Does anyone have an STL for a tool to insert inflator hose o-rings? Somthing like this.

Alternatively, if anyone has measurements for a non-printed tool, I'll happily model it and share with the group.

Reactions: OTF
Thy th
Does anyone have an STL for a tool to insert inflator hose o-rings? Somthing like this.

Alternatively, if anyone has measurements for a non-printed tool, I'll happily model it and share with the group.
Try this. I’ve never printed it. If that doesn’t work i’ll measure mine w/ calipers and sent you deets.

Thy th

Try this. I’ve never printed it. If that doesn’t work i’ll measure mine w/ calipers and sent you deets.

Those are different tools. The one requested is to install the o-ring that seals against the male QD in the BCD valve.
748.jpg

The second is the tool that allows the installation of the o-ring that seals the hose to the first stage.
ed1e96d1154b9601a8868718e699e106_display_large.jpg

The problem with th first tool is that the pin is too thin to be printed with 3D, if printed along the Z axis. Printed along any of the X or Y axis will result in a rugous surface owing to supports and not a nice rounded form.

That's for the outer hose ring on the male end, though -- he's looking for the tool for the inside O-ring.

Looks pretty straightforward, though getting a tight slip fit from FDM printing will be fiddly. (Also, for general reference, see this post and the rest of that thread, also this thread.)

The problem with th first tool is that the pin is too thin to be printed with 3D, if printed along the Z axis. Printed along any of the X or Y axis will result in a rugous surface owing to supports and not a nice rounded form.
If you don't have elephant's foot issues (or can do some touch-up), print it in two halves. Getting kinda small, but not impossible.

ETA: Like this:
1701367538084.png

Print two of these, place the two halves together, put the ring on and they'll be held together by the ring and the outer tool during the operation.

Back
Top Bottom