A safe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

asmackofjellyfish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My wife and I were diving for Crab the other day.....and found a nice big shiny box about three feet by four feet. When we went around the other side we discovered that it was a safe with a big hole in the door. It looked like someone had either blown it open, or pried a big hole in it.

After telling about half a dozen people about it, someone finally asked if I had reported it to the police.

My questions for all yee scubaboarders are:

1. Have you ever found anything that looked like evidence of a crime while diving (other than littering!) and did you report it.
2. Is there anyone out there who thinks I should not have reported this? Why?

I think I might have kept it to myself if it didn't have the hole in it.

If there's nothing in the hole take it home. However if fish have made a home in it leave it be and chalk it up as interesting. Make note of it and go back from time to time and observe how the denizens of the deep make use of it. Good exercise in observation.

The police apparently are taking it quite seriously. They called late this afternoon and area apparently sending the dive team out to recover it tomorrow.

Woulda made a great geocache location!

was there a name of a manufaturer on it?

Of course it should have been reported, it was obviously invovled in a crime! What good is a safe with a hole in it. This was definately not an item that you could display as "I found this while diving".

Of course it should have been reported, it was obviously invovled in a crime! What good is a safe with a hole in it. This was definately not an item that you could display as "I found this while diving".

This made me "lol"

Doublepost. I'm awesome like that.

I found a safe too well more like a hotel safe and after i hauled it to the surface i took it to the cops , they were not that interested after all it could have been dumped , i dont see why you wouldn't report it.

Back
Top Bottom