A Screaming Deal on NC Diving with IVS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Indian Valley Scuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Harleysville, Pennsylvania, United States
# of dives
Indian Valley Scuba loves diving the Graveyard of the Atlantic, so much that we are running four trips there this year! Each trip includes two days of 3-tank offshore dives, and a 2-tank trip on the third day, plus lodging. Join us for the best value in North Carolina diving - only $500! Click HERE for the trip flyer with all the dates & details!

Spaces are limited and these trips will sell out fast! Call 215-256-6000 to reserve your spots today!

Could you provide more information on the diving? Advanced/Technical? Typical profiles?

Depths offshore are typically 70 to 110 feet, inshore locations 40 to 60 ft. with multi-level profiles due to the vertical height of the wrecks. We allow divers to use any standard configuration, i.e. single tank, doubles, sidemount, rebreather, as well as the use of air, nitrox or trimix for breathing gases. And of course we recommend the use of a pony bottle or some other form of redundant breathing supply. Since each location will be one dive and then we move to a second wreck, we don't allow planned deco dives in our profiles. As a result, total run times, including extended safety stops, are typically in the 40 to 60 minute range. On the first two days, we do two deeper offshore wrecks before heading inshore for a third dive on the way home, on the last day it is one and one. Hope that helps!

I'd like to amplify Dave's comments.

This is some really outstanding diving. My two sons and I went to NC with Indian Valley Scuba in 2011 combining the off shore diving with some black water fossil diving on the Cooper River. We did five days of diving in two different locations. This diving was beyond anything we had done before, so we signed up to complete our AOW during that trip. This way we were introduced to the deeper off shore diving with an IVS instructor. Getting checked out on a wreck at 120 ft. gives you confidence. Nothing like training in challenging conditions.

I just signed two of us up to do both trips again this year in July. We will do two days of fossil diving on the Cooper river then drive to Morehead City for the off shore trips.

I was amazed at the visibility on these wrecks and the warmth of the water. The long drive out to the Gulf Stream is well worth it. I recommend getting a Nitrox Certification before going. Discovery dive center fills tanks with a mix appropriate for the depths of the wrecks. This will give you more bottom time.

I was amazed at the diversity of sea life on these dives. All of the standard tropicals were there brought up by the Gulf stream. There were also huge balls of bait fish swirling around to avoid feeding predators. On one dive I was so fascinated by the 40-50 sand tigers hovering around the wreck that I didn't even look at the wreck.

Looking forward to this year. Indian Valley Scuba is my home dive shop. They are a great group of well trained divers and a lot of fun to travel with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom