a SCUBA diver was almost killed at a local marina in St.Margaret's Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firediver:
I don't think 142' is a technical dive.. My Buddy and I aren't even technical..
I am not reckless and I value my life.
Every major training agency I'm aware of disagrees with you completely. You are a rec diver that blew right past the maximum limits set by every training agency out there.

I respectfully disagree with the second statement.

That is your opinion..... Since I won't be back to NL again for a few years, then I guess I won't be hitting 142' again..... All the life at Deer Island is in the First 100' I have no reason to be going deep....

I am done explaining myself..........

not just my opinion but dive instructors as well from the local area. the tankers scuba club isnt just for military divers but has a large civilian membership base as well. i took all my courses through the tankers. they have very experienced and freindly instructors and a good up to date selection of rental gear at very affordable prices. they have several organzied dives throughout the year. you can check it out at this link.http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/tankersscuba . this club is open to everyone and encourages safe and responsible diving.

Off Topic:
Post #22
Firediver:
Like with any other field outside of diving.. your taught DON"T GO BEYOND YOUR LEVEL OF TRAINING.. Your just asking for trouble.. . . . . . ........Lets come home at the end of the dive in one piece.
Agreed.

Post #25
Sylvain:
I think that you are going against what you have put down if I read well you said " don't go beyound your level of training" When I look at your profile you went to 142 feet. To me 130 is sports diver if you are advance and rescue diver 142 is beyound your limit and well into a TECH diver limit.
Bingo. I suspect that is a major portion of Jonnythan's point.

Post #38
Firediver:
Whatever I did it once and haven't done it since not even on nitrox. I wanted to see the torpedo hole, I followed a few tech friends and my buddy over the rail on the rosecastle.. . . . ... I made the choice to do the depth. IF and when I go back I will do it again................Can honestly say I would DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN if conditions allow.. . . . .
Glad to hear that you aren't going to 142 feet on Nitrox. Especially the richer mixes.

I think that the point you seem to be missing is that in one post you suggest that people shouldn't go beyond their training, but then you admit to doing so yourself. That tends to cast a shadow on your credibility.

Post #52
Firediver:
That is your opinion..... . . . I am done explaining myself..........
Hopefully you see now that the problem was the inconsistency, kind of a "do what I say, not what I do" mentality.

Back to the discussion topic of the thread . .

Wristshot

Firediver:
I am done explaining myself..........

Probably a good idea, you're not doing yourself any favours.

safe diving.....

if your going to mod the board do it in a fair manner. you dont think they werre not disrespectful to me? please

The bickering will stop.

The Kraken

A Diving Incident is any error or unplanned event that could, or indeed did, reduce the safety margin for a diver on a particular dive. The error may have been made by anyone involved with the dive. It may also include equipment problems. The incident may have been preventable or unpreventable. Most incidents don't cause harm, but reporting such incidents will give valuable information when considered with other incidents. This form focuses on any incident occurring before, during or after a cave or technical dive*.

*Definition: Planned decompression, overhead environment, planned depth>40m, gas other than air or EANx 22-40% oxygen, use of rebreather.

Back
Top Bottom