A shark stole my fin.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
i was so glad to see the video on the turtle biting the guys fin cause it further validates what happen to my long lost fin. that has yet to be recovered. this is a true store and no names are changed to protect anyone. it was the all perfact day for a dive no curent great vis at turtle canyon. (the real turtle canyon) I was doing my equipment exchange for my divemasters. when we got to the bottom we both noticed to whitetips chillin under the nearby ledge they were not any threat so we went about the business at hand.so i got all of mats gear on and im waiting for the ok signal from him that we are gtg but he instead points to his finless foot? i signaled to him that i had passed him both fins so we start looking around, mat stops takes off the other fin an kinds of lets it float to see what it does and it just very slowly sank to the bottom but drifted nowere.now we both knew it didnt drift away .but we started searching everywhere the first spot near us was the ledge that hadt he to whitetips.only now there was only one whitetip the other had eased off at some point unnoticed by both of us. at that moment we both kind of shook are heads and laughed both thinking the same thing.theres no doubt in my mind that the missing shark for some reason found an intrest in that fin. and swiped it. who knows maybe hes got a collection of stuff he has collected from divers.true story.

It's so he can do something like this...

shark_arm.jpg

Doesn't surprise me...those sharks are sick of eating golf balls over there. :p

I'll file that one under Dog Ate my Homework..

Back
Top Bottom