A very bad week in Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meister481:
I'm a little unsettled that you would attack an instructor and not tell everyone why you failed.
I think you will find that I have.
Do you really think the instructor failed you because he didn't like you?
Absolutely not.
Do you refute anything he has posted?
If you kept up to speed you will see that I have gone through his tissue of lies at length. Remember what you saw was his case for the defence to Tom Mount which then got posted everywhere. If you read it with your brain switched on you will see that it is a lot more than improbable. One minute he lies that I tangled my line, went to the ceiling etc, the next minute he is taking me for a staged deco dive in a high flow spring. The lies are very, very obvious.
I see a bunch of people on several boards talking about you in poor light.
So you join in. Like I said, Lord of the Flies

i've been thinking about this all day.

i know the instructor, and he *does* like to tell stories. he's great around the campfire at cathy's. would i take a class from him? i dunno. i'm pretty happy with my cave instructor's more fatherly style.

i *don't* know the op.

what i think happened was the kind of relationship breakdown where everything the other person does rubs you wrong and you start looking for things to be annoyed about and ignoring anything positive. anyone who's been divorced probably knows what i mean. and i mean on both sides, martin *and* brucie. this became a relationship only dr phil could have saved, and only if both parties wanted to work reeeeally hard.

i'm disappointed that neither guy was man enough to say 'you know, this just isn't working for me' and figure out how to walk away. bloodymindedness is not a virtue.

Love the avatar! He-Man was an Icon of my generation.

Sorry, majority rules, and Dan's correct. I owe you a beer Dan- should have listened.

Missdirected has the right idea, let you think whatever pleases you and part ways.

This thread seems to be heading in the same direction as it has on every other web site it's been posted on. It also reminds me of a quote " Never wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty and the pig likes it. "
I've had enough...and outta here!
C-Dawg

Just a thought.

Surely faced with a student who'd travelled such a long way etc. and was one of your
countrymen, you'd keep trying that bit longer, even if you knew the cause was lost?

I know I have in such circumstances.

As for Brucie. He has unfortunatley believed his own hype, to the point where he
also thinks us mere mortals are not worthy to be in the same ocean. Sadly this has
led to such a negative rep over here in the UK, that his credabilty is shot to pieces.
Not surprising really that none of us believe him.

Terry H:
As for Brucie. He has unfortunatley believed his own hype, to the point where he
also thinks us mere mortals are not worthy to be in the same ocean. Sadly this has
led to such a negative rep over here, that his credabilty is shot to pieces.
Not surprising really that none of us believe him.

Terry, you have joined here just to have a go at me, which is typical.
You do not know me, you have never met me and you have never seen me dive.
Yet you feel that you are somehow in a position to follow me round the net making these judgements.

BabyDuck:
i've been thinking about this all day.

i know the instructor, and he *does* like to tell stories. he's great around the campfire at cathy's. would i take a class from him? i dunno. i'm pretty happy with my cave instructor's more fatherly style.

i *don't* know the op.

what i think happened was the kind of relationship breakdown where everything the other person does rubs you wrong and you start looking for things to be annoyed about and ignoring anything positive. anyone who's been divorced probably knows what i mean. and i mean on both sides, martin *and* brucie. this became a relationship only dr phil could have saved, and only if both parties wanted to work reeeeally hard.

i'm disappointed that neither guy was man enough to say 'you know, this just isn't working for me' and figure out how to walk away. bloodymindedness is not a virtue.

There is a lot to what you say.
I have never had a relationship with an instructor break down before. This time it did almost straight away. I knew that he was not going to get me through the course.

The course was structured with several spare days. We could have used those to build my skills up to the required level, I wasn't anywhere near as bad as Martin said in his letter to Tom Mount (which is largely a fairly obvious work of fiction). Instead we just kept on finning thousands of feet every day.

Bruciebabe:
Terry, you have joined here just to have a go at me, which is typical.
You do not know me, you have never met me and you have never seen me dive.
Yet you feel that you are somehow in a position to follow me round the net making these judgements.
Nope I've been a member here for a long time, just never posted and
the old email and login has gone the way of freeserve, hence the new
login.

You've seen fit to try and discredit an Instructor all over the Net and
as one yourself, should expect your own credentials to be questioned
in return.

Many reading these posts have experience of Martin and as such can
be objective. They havnt though had that much experience of you
and so dont see why a bit of balance shouldnt be introduced as to
your rep over in the UK.

I just noticed this thread...
I don´t know Brucie.
I do know Martin because I took a full cave-course from him in fla during october last year.

The only part of Brucies "report" that resonates with me is the honest debriefs. Martin does not mince words but he never berated, raised his voice or belittled any of the people in my class. I believe my time with Martin, and my fellow students in that class, made me a better diver and it continues to motivate me to try to constantly improve as a diver and not to accept my own "excuses" for failiure to do so...

I think the only "truth" there is to uncover is that brucie and martin didn´t "get along" and that that is what caused this "meltdown". Blame, propably lies with both, and I don´t think any of them were helped by this ****storm...

ymmv

Vtdiver2:
I'll say one thing Brucie, you do get around, and you do have a reputation.
Just my 2 psi,
C-Dawg

10/10 for observation. Why don't you ask Brucie if he's ever been banned from a forum? In fact, I dare you to ask him if he's been banned from more than one forum. Like two forums (or fora) for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom