A wreck to put on your wishlist.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Last year i dived an amazing wreck and i thought i'd just share it with you. Picture the scene....

A small fishing village on the south coast of turkey called Kas, the last days diving on the two week holiday where you've seen everything from flying fish to amberjacks and the only thing on your mind is the stories you heard last night in the bars of the beauty of this wreck.

Its early in the morning and you've woke up early just to make the most of this deep dive. You stroll down to the quite harbour and step aboard the large converted fishing boat and you are welcomed by the local dive guides and asked, ' are you ready for the site of your life?'

30 mins steaming out from the town and your there, independent twin 10 litre cylinders on your back as you'll need the air, its 70 metres down after all!

You preform a perfect sride entry into the crystal clear waters and give the ok sign, down you go. Over a ledge at 35m you see the remain os ships anchours, hundreds of years old, further down you go. Amberjacks glide past at what seems inchs from your head, but more like 10m or so. Then the ominous shape of a world war two plane comes into sight. Sheer beauty, an Italian fighter bomber with it 3 propellors dug into the seabed. You look at you computer and its tell you to go shallower. You must leave this beauty.

After decompressing and then breaking the surface and you can do is smile as you know you will return next year to pay homage to this great wreck.

If you want to share this, dive with the company that is most recommended BT diving kas. www.bougainville-turkey.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom