A Year Ago . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JTinSD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I certified PADI Open Water a year ago yesterday. Friday I did my 119th, 120th, and 121st dives. So, 121 dives in a year, all cold water dives in Southern California. My up-to-date dive history is in my profile. Good times, really excellent.

Now for year two . . .

WooHoo! Now let's go diving where it's WARM!

That is a heck of a year by anyone's standards. I do about 60-70 dives a year and consider myself pretty active, but you got me beat cold.

Sweet deal man. Ya that is a lot in one year more than 2 dives a week. That is more than I get to do.:depressed:

Yeah. It took me three years and 36 trips from Ohio to the Upper Keys to get to 150 dives. Lottsa flight$ to Lauderdale and rental car$. Thank the Lord for Social Security. You young fellas who are working and paying taxes, keep it up and thanks.

Wow -- with the year Southern California has had for weather and bad water conditions, that's a heck of a dive total! Hope year two is even better.

Greetings JT and that is some diving!
I applaud your desire to stay in the water after all that is where we learn.
Keep those skills fresh and your gear wet!
It will be awesome to check back at the end of 2011 and let us know how you have been!
Very cool indeed my friend have a safe dive year and Merry Christmas!

CamG Keep diving....Keep training....Keep learning!

That is one heck of a first year. Kudos to you!!!

Let year two be equally adventurous.

I'd caution you though to be careful not to get caught up in numbers in the next few years. That's an easy trap to fall into, especially given the awesome first year you've had, and it can really rob diving of it's joy.

Congrats and may the excitement continue to grow!

I envy you, my friend. If I can get in 20 or 30 dives in a year, I consider it a good year!

Back
Top Bottom