A300CS OLED Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I certainly hope the computer works better than the software to PC or MAC works. Otherwise, I have a really expensive paper weight. It really should not be this difficult!

I certainly hope the computer works better than the software to PC or MAC works. Otherwise, I have a really expensive paper weight. It really should not be this difficult!

The PDC works awesome, but the supporting software wasn't ready for release. In my opinion non of this should have been released until it was all ready. But every manufacture is always trying to be first to the market, with their latest and greatest.

I should have known better to buy the first release of a new product.

With that being said... I have been working with Pelagicnet on getting my AERIS A300 CS updated with the latest firmware, and working properly with the DiverLog software. I will be happy to announce after an hour or so working with the Pelagic programmers and QA we managed to download a new firmware version and DiverLog Software upgrade. At first the new beta release for that Pelagic sent me wasn't talking to my PDC. However after a few attempts it worked "Hand Shake" complete.

I was finally able to update the Firmware in my AERIS A300 CS. After the firmware updated, I was able to successfully download my dive history into the new version of DiverLog.

I was informed that the update final version of DiverLog will be available for upgrade either this Friday or Monday. This new update should fix many issues. I know that a few other minor issues have now been fixed too.

Well it will be too late for me. Typing this from Cozumel because my a300 cs died after my second dive. Flickering screen acting shady. Called support and they said it sounds like it is toast. I have to lose my dive log especially since I was unable to back it up. Shocker- no aeris or oceanic rep on cozumel to service or give me a rental, so more money flying out of my pocket. My wife's 300cs is still working great so I guess you have a 50/50 shot at this point.

Thanks Fysh.

Is there a file you could email us if they arent on it in terms of the update release? My dive Buddy are both into the A300CS and we want to be able to get then dialed in before the trip.

Doug,
It seems everyone is out of stock on the A300. Now my wife wants one before our trip to Cozumel on Jul 24, what's the chance shops will get more in by then (I have an order in with Scubatoys)? Also, do you have a list of compatible bluetooth dongles, I tried a Kinivo 400 and it doesn't seem to be recognized by the ACI software, but it works with the OS. Thanks

Anybody see an update for there Mac's....?

Supposed to be an update available so we can Sync/Customize our PDC's....

It took some time, but I was able to connect my a300 cs to my Mac over the weekend. Don't know if it helped, but I just updated my Mac OS to OSX Mavericks. After numerous attempts with the USB cable, I got a prompt to load USB drivers. I was then able to get my firmware updated. Looking forward to my first dive with it next week..

Heavy Mac user here, and now shopping for an OLED. I want to thank ALL who have posted here. I must say, Im a bit tentative buying this until all the firmware/mac issues are worked out.

It took some time, but I was able to connect my a300 cs to my Mac over the weekend. Don't know if it helped, but I just updated my Mac OS to OSX Mavericks. After numerous attempts with the USB cable, I got a prompt to load USB drivers. I was then able to get my firmware updated. Looking forward to my first dive with it next week..

I have been trying to connect to my Mac, iPhone, and PC and no luck with any of them. I wanted to update the firmware hoping it will help with the signal loss. I have put ten dives on the computer and have not had a single one keep air signal for more than the first five minutes of the dive. I am new to wireless dive transmitters and have put the a300cs on both wrists to no avail. Any ideas???? Any ideas on how to connect and update firmware? I am truly frustrated with this computer that has not worked in over a month.

I know a few guys with wireless transmitters from different companies and they run a hose from the 1st stage to there front should strap with the transmitter so it never loses signal

Back
Top Bottom