A300CS OLED Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just purchased a new A300cs. The Bluetooth does not work. It will not show up on my Ipad, IPhone or MacBook Pro(newer). I downloaded the Diverlog app to MacBook, can't connect to A300cs either with BT or USB. Pulled older Win7 laptop out and loaded software from Aeris disk. I can connect to and up/download from DC. Also when going through menus on DC it locks up on "set alarms" and "view preview screen". The only way to get out of it is to remove the battery. Should I return this unit or am I doing something wrong?!

Read the last few pages of this thread. It is a common problem.

I just purchased a new A300cs. The Bluetooth does not work. It will not show up on my Ipad, IPhone or MacBook Pro(newer). I downloaded the Diverlog app to MacBook, can't connect to A300cs either with BT or USB. Pulled older Win7 laptop out and loaded software from Aeris disk. I can connect to and up/download from DC. Also when going through menus on DC it locks up on "set alarms" and "view preview screen". The only way to get out of it is to remove the battery. Should I return this unit or am I doing something wrong?!

Are you using Mavericks on your Macbook? I thought I read up one or two pages that someone running mavericks had success. I am not buying a windows machine or parallels/vmware for mac just to make this work.

Tested A300 CS wireless transmitter in a dive shop. After hooking up to a pressurized tank, the computer is not receiving pressure data from transmitter. Called Aeris support who said to send the whole unit back. They will find the problem, fix it and send back to me. Considering returning to dive shop and getting another brand. Perhaps Suunto Air ...

.....just stay away from AI and you won't have sync issues. All AI systems show sync issues. I'd also stay away from Suunto like my life depended on it.

I have AI Elite T3 and I use it and love it. Don't even have a back up pressure gauge on my reg. 100's of dives on it and zero problems.

Hope they get the issues worked out with this new unit cause I want one!!!!

Suunto uses very conservative algorithms so you will have shorter dive times. Besides that their stuff looks good but that alone puts me off of them.

I would always have a backup gauge, but that is just me. Case in point, brand new A300 cs OLED, dies on second dive. Now I'm able to dive with crappy back up computer, and I at least have some way to know how much longer I'll be alive. (the last part said in jest)

I keep a backup gauge in my top side bag but have never needed it. While I may miss part of dive if something did happen with my AI its well worth it for not having that hose for 100s of dives.

.....just stay away from AI and you won't have sync issues. All AI systems show sync issues. I'd also stay away from Suunto like my life depended on it.

Just to add a contrasting note; my usual dive buddies and I have used Oceanic/Aeris AI computers for several years now and have had no issues with syncing transmitter and computer. I used to dive with a backup SPG but while the computers and transmitters have given me no problems I am on my third or fourth SPG, but I suppose one can't expect too much from 19th century technology. I now have a backup SPG available for an emergency, but don't dive with it. I not using an Oceanic computer at the moment, but would have no hesitation in relying on an Oceanic/Aeris hoseless computer in general. After about 7 years of use without problems I feel fairly confident. Maybe this new computer model is still having some teething problems, I don't know.

I have no comment on Suunto computers because I never owned one and probably never will.

I have the new A300 CS, but I have always dove with a back up.

Years ago I had an Uwetec Aladdin AirX. On a live-aboard in Hawaii my Aladdin took a turn and fried itself, it was making a terrified cackling and sizzling sound you could hear over the compressor. Needless to say it was Kaput. I have a small puck style U.S. Divers digital depth gauge and bottom timer. This attaches to my low pressure inflator hose to keep it close but out of the way.

If I didn't have that I would have been limited to no dives for the rest of that day and diving the RDP recreational dive planner.

I also as a third backup I use an Aqualand Dive Watch.

The watch and puck dive computer I still use after 15 years of faithful service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom