A300CS OLED Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where o where is the bungee mount? The double wrist band is getting old lol. Hope we can get it soon before Aeris closes the doors aNd were left out

If anyone has been reading this thread knows, I have put a lot of time and effort into fixing my AERIS A300 CS and DiverLog Software.

I have worked with PelagicNet the software developers. I have had online sessions with their techs and programmers.

I am now on vacation in Belize. I have put some real world test on this AERIS A300 CS dive computer.

When I synced the Dive Computer up with the DiverLog App for Mac is when I noticed there is a real problem.

First I would like to say that the battery issue is a real pain in the ass. When I got to Belize and setup to do the first dive, the computer would not go on. So I changed the battery and it started up fine. I put on logged 5 dives and 9 free dives and the battery is dead again.

So look at the attached image and tell me if their isn't a issue with this dive computer. All I can say is that I'm am glad I brought a back up, because I cannot trust the AERIS A300 CS.

When I return to the states I am going to return this POS, and exchange it for something that I can trust.
y7aqy6u2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to all of you who have posted your lousy experiences with the Aeris A300 CS! I was just about to purchase one when, thankfully, I checked the Scuba Board just to see what other's experience with it was. I think I just saved myself a lot of grief by not buying it. BTW - it's strange that Doug Krause, View Profile: Doug Krause - ScubaBoard - Scuba Diving Forum - Diving Social Network, from Aeris was so quick to jump into the discussion at the beginning of this thread, but now that the problems have been surfacing he's nowhere to be seen/heard.

Fysh- We got both of our A300 CS comps replaced by Aeris after the Cozumel debacle. Have a one week livaboard in November in Belize (we both dive with tank gauge and BUD comps) but I find that to be a pain in the ass and spent the cash on a high end comp because i want the features and logging capabilities of the A300. You have any advice on bringing them along for such an expensive trip? Should I also rent some nice comps for the week as backups? We are landlocked in Texas so doing lots of "test diving" on the computers isn't an option.

Did Aeris indicate what was the problem with your original units? I will not have a chance to dive with my A300 CS until late October and it is one of the very early units.

Fysh- We got both of our A300 CS comps replaced by Aeris after the Cozumel debacle. Have a one week livaboard in November in Belize (we both dive with tank gauge and BUD comps) but I find that to be a pain in the ass and spent the cash on a high end comp because i want the features and logging capabilities of the A300. You have any advice on bringing them along for such an expensive trip? Should I also rent some nice comps for the week as backups? We are landlocked in Texas so doing lots of "test diving" on the computers isn't an option.

They did not- my heavy recommendation would be to send it back for testing. They jumped the gun and it is pretty obvious based on the number of problems they have had. If you have dives on it currently (I wish I had known this) include a letter asking them to pull your dive log and they will save it onto a CD for you.

Instead of renting, buy less expensive Oceanic/Aeris wrist computers and you will have a backup.

We already have those Oceanic B.U.D. backups, I'm looking for something more functional.

We already have those Oceanic B.U.D. backups, I'm looking for something more functional.

I just read the specs on Oceanic's site, this "BUD" computers sounds like it has the required basic functions including Nitrox. What else are you looking for in a backup computer?

One thing to consider, your backup computer should be using the same deco model to match the main computer deco info for you not to end up with one computer saying that you can go up and the other one saying that you need to deco first. I had two different brand computers at one point and it was annoying to say the least. I now use the same brand computers (main and backup) to avoid the considerable annoyance when the computers aren't agreeing with each other.

Just got my A300 CS back after I sent it back for problems with the compass function. I am leaving for a week of diving in Utila on Friday and won't have time to test dive it locally before then, so I keep my fingers crossed that this one will work properly. Just in case, I'm backing it up with a Subgear XP-H. The smallest air-integrated console-style computer I could find at a reasonable price. I hope I can just keep it clipped away all week and never have to look at it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom