A300CS OLED Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just upgraded to the new firmware version and I have to say...wow. I've been able to sync between my mac and dive computer since the second firmware version, but with the new upgrade I just synced between the computer and my iPhone 5 with no problems. I'm pretty impressed with how smoothly it went, and also how quick it was.

I'm going to do some test dives to double check the compass functionality this weekend, but it already seems more responsive than it did before. I'm glad to see that all the kinks are being worked out, and overall I've been impressed with Aeris' (especially Doug's) responsiveness. I think the 300cs is a solid computer and I'm pretty happy with the purchase.

Thank you Wildcat - great news. We've got a great group of people that have a lot of blood, sweat and tears into this project - it's great to be able to share posts like this with them. Please let me know how it goes in the water this weekend.

The bungee mount keeps getting skipped. Are we going to see them anytime soon???? And what about Android and pc updates?? I can't use my galaxy phone with my $1300 computer

Thank you for that report, WildcatChris. That's exactly the feedback that I've been waiting to hear. Just submitted my online order for the A300 CS with my LDS.

Phantom I will help out too

Doug,

Bungee Mount?

Saw the protype, have you decided on a final product? If so when will it become available?

Sorry guys... been trying to get a solid answer. We've begun tooling - expecting the first sample in the next week or two. Assuming we don't have any modifications, we're still 60-90 days out for production in house.

The bungee mount keeps getting skipped. Are we going to see them anytime soon???? And what about Android and pc updates?? I can't use my galaxy phone with my $1300 computer

Sorry guys... been trying to get a solid answer. We've begun tooling - expecting the first sample in the next week or two. Assuming we don't have any modifications, we're still 60-90 days out for production in house.

If you need anyone to beta test a bungee mount, I would be glad to do that for you. I have my own A300CS, so I won't need a computer. :wink:

I can test one as well. I've also got the computer.

I went to a local scuba "tent" sale yesterday with the intent of getting a new knife and maybe a backup light. I got both. Since the rep from Oceanic/Aeris was there, I took a look at this computer. I've been thinking of getting one for a while now, and the price was too good to pass up and it has the latest R1E firmware on it. I only wish the software had been easier to setup.

I spent several hours trying to get the PDC to connect to my MacBook Air with both the USB cable and bluetooth (I think the MBA has Bluetooth 4.0). I finally had success with the USB cable, but only after downloading specific USB drivers of the Aeris website. They are evidently not a part of the Mac OS download package that comes with DiverLog. I also bought the IOS version of DiverLog and was able to link my iPhone to the PDC. I only wish I could also connect by MacBook Air via bluetooth, but at least I have a method of downloading dives for now.

I'm pretty impressed with the computer so far and look forward to diving it in the next week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom