A300CS OLED Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just returned 2 weeks ago from diving in Caymans. I did enjoy the computers ease of information.However,I too did have a transmitter/connection issue.Which I have since sent back to Aeris. The only other issue I had was the battery life. I did a total of 22 dives. At dive#20 I needed to change the battery. I have now invested in a charger for the CR2 style battery this D/C takes. My brightness was set @ 60%.Other than the diving 3 dives a day & running thru my log and jotting info down,thats the only time it was used.Any comments??

Last edited:
I can buy CR2 batteries online for about $1 a piece. At 20 dives per battery, that's $.05 per dive. I can live with that. The loss of signal is disturbing. How frequently did that occur and how long were the gaps?

I just returned 2 weeks ago from diving in Caymans. I did enjoy the computers ease of information.However,I too did have a transmitter/connection issue.Which I have since sent back to Aeris. The only other issue I had was the battery life. I did a total of 22 dives. At dive#20 I needed to change the battery. I have now invested in a charger for the CR2 style battery this D/C takes. My brightness was set @ 60%.Other than the diving 3 dives a day & running thru my log and jotting info down,thats the only time it was used.Any comments??

I am not a battery expert, but from what I understand, you will need to swap out those rechargeable CR2 batteries fairly often. I think (but will defer to anyone who has better info) that you will get about 1/2 the useful life of a non-rechargeable battery. if you use poor quality rechargeables it might be much less.

I buy Duracell CR2 batts online at about $2-3 each. I would love to know where I could find them for less.

If you want Duracell, you'll pay more. If you'll settle for off brands, you can pay less than a dollar at Battery Junction.

Overall positive feedback on the A300 CS.

My first unit had the common transmission problem, so I contacted Customer Support and returned it. They were very helpful in getting me a replacement unit before my next dive.

The replacement came with firmware version E. Transmission to tank was perfect for first 3 dives off Wrightsville Beach, NC, 4th dive lost connection 3 times for a minute or so. Had an
issue during my safety stop. I had 780 lbs of pressure, but my ATR was showing 3 min. I am guessing the lost connections were a factor.

No problems connecting to Diverlog for IOS with USB.

No issues with screen display. I have it at autodim 50% and was careful not to have the sun shining directly on it. Moving it slightly worked fine for me.

It fits well on my wrist and I did not need the extender with my 3 mil suit. -my wrists are relatively slender, though

As much as I like it, I would not consider diving without my backup PDC (Hollis) and SPG.

For the CR2 I pretty much stick with the Duracell. I am okay at about $2.00 each.

I have owned a number of Oceanic/Aeris computers and have never had any problems with losing the links. Does anyone know why this seems to be a problem with this computer? I am guessing it has something to do with how/where the receiving antenna is located within the wrist unit, but with that comment we have already exceeded the limits of my engineering knowledge.

AI: the cause of, and solution to, all of your gas monitoring problems :D

In some cases (during a dive) the loss of signal was as much as a couple of min. before it came back.On the surface I had put the D/C right next to it & still would mot pick it up. I pressed mode,went to normal,then back to set and it would connect. I even raised my arm towards the transmitter ,during a dive...
As for the Battery issues..I believe someone here also mentioned they only got about 14 dives per battery change..
Thanks everyone for your input..
I am worried about the entry the replacement unit.PatRogan mentions a issue with it..../

---------- Post added August 18th, 2014 at 08:01 PM ----------

For the CR2 I pretty much stick with the Duracell. I am okay at about $2.00 each.

I have owned a number of Oceanic/Aeris computers and have never had any problems with losing the links. Does anyone know why this seems to be a problem with this computer? I am guessing it has something to do with how/where the receiving antenna is located within the wrist unit, but with that comment we have already exceeded the limits of my engineering knowledge.

After spending some considerable TIME with the manual. They suggest not to exceed 3-4' I know I don't have 4' arms..It was told to me it is a hardware issue. i am waiting for my replacement..I also had my ET-3 on.Which linked to the same transmitter,which is nice. I have had no issues,except for a occasional strobe flash interrupting it for a sec..

I had the disconnect issue for a dive and even though the battery test showed good, I changed the battery in the computer (not the transmitter) and my connection issues went away, so it may be that the battery status is optimistic, although this was on rev D.

I had the disconnect issue for a dive and even though the battery test showed good, I changed the battery in the computer (not the transmitter) and my connection issues went away, so it may be that the battery status is optimistic, although this was on rev D.
Charles,
Thanks for the input.. yes,as you mention it was on your rev D. The other thing with the battery life..Thats why I am opting to get the rechargeables & not the cheap ones..why not....? if the issue is a battery change every 14-20 dives. not trying to pinch pennies...just recycle..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom