A300CS OLED Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I looked at the rechargeables but they were only rated at about 350 mah where the nonrechargeables are 750 mah thats too much difference for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AI: the cause of, and solution to, all of your gas monitoring problems :D

I don't know about gas monitoring "problems," but I have found it very convenient to have all the data I "need" or want in one location and have found the wrist to be a very good location, especially while carrying a camera. It is a convenience; not a solution to a problem. Like many electronic or mechanical devices, some work better than others and anything can fail. As long as the user is prepared to deal with the potential failure, it is really just personal choice. There are those who don't like and/or don't trust such computers and that is fine. There are also those who feel that way and just can't stand the idea that others don't share their views.

You should check your reserve air setting.

If you set your reserve air pressure to be 500psi when you surface, the computer will calculate your ATR based on 780-500=280psi.

The replacement came with firmware version E. Transmission to tank was perfect for first 3 dives off Wrightsville Beach, NC, 4th dive lost connection 3 times for a minute or so. Had an
issue during my safety stop. I had 780 lbs of pressure, but my ATR was showing 3 min. I am guessing the lost connections were a factor.

You should check your reserve air setting.

If you set your reserve air pressure to be 500psi when you surface, the computer will calculate your ATR based on 780-500=280psi.

Thanks very much!! My reserve air pressure is set to 500psi when I surface and now I know why my ATR alarm was going off. What a relief.

In some cases (during a dive) the loss of signal was as much as a couple of min. before it came back.On the surface I had put the D/C right next to it & still would mot pick it up. I pressed mode,went to normal,then back to set and it would connect. I even raised my arm towards the transmitter ,during a dive...
As for the Battery issues..I believe someone here also mentioned they only got about 14 dives per battery change..
Thanks everyone for your input..
I am worried about the entry the replacement unit.PatRogan mentions a issue with it..../

---------- Post added August 18th, 2014 at 08:01 PM ----------

After spending some considerable TIME with the manual. They suggest not to exceed 3-4' I know I don't have 4' arms..It was told to me it is a hardware issue. i am waiting for my replacement..I also had my ET-3 on.Which linked to the same transmitter,which is nice. I have had no issues,except for a occasional strobe flash interrupting it for a sec..

Greg --

Whats an ET-3?? Sorry, not familiar with that PDC . .

My A300CS arrived today. I hooked up the transmitter, had a quick play in the shop, and then took it for a dive.
Overall the computer seems great (though the PC software looks like it was created in the 1980s).

EXCEPT - I can't seem to get the compass to calibrate!

At first the behaviour was this:
As instructed, I began the calibration and turn it face down. After 20 seconds it beeped, and I turned it face up. Unlike the manual there was no on-screen instruction to keep it face up and wait for another beep; it instead jumped straight to the next step of telling me to rotate it 360 degrees. As I did so, the circle that should have formed as I turned it did not appear at all. It would stay stuck on that screen forever, until I held M for 2 seconds to get back to the menu. I tried to calibrate several times with this same result.

At some point during my attempts to calibrate, I finally got a "failed calibration" message. The next time I tried, the circle fully formed as I turned it (though it still never prompted me to wait for a face-up beep) and it claimed calibration was successful. Seeking to replicate the success, I tried calibration again and now the behaviour is always this:
I begin the calibration and turn it face down. After 20 seconds it beeps, and I turn it face up. Unlike the manual there is no on-screen instruction to keep it face up and wait for another beep (and if I wait anyway, it eventually beeps again but that makes no difference to the rest of what happens); it instead jumps straight to the next step of telling me to rotate it 360 degrees. As I do so, only about the top 1/5th of the circle forms even though I have physically turned full circle (or more - even turning multiple circles doesn't help). After that it tells me that calibration is successful, but the compass heading is totally crazy - it only ever shows a value in the range 40-100 degrees, no matter which direction I'm facing.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to fix this myself, or do I need to return it to the manufacturer? Any help people can give will be greatly appreciated.
I'm on firmware 1E.

hi Steyr,

same here with my device. it has firmware r1e and i received at 1 week ago. one solution which may work is to open the battery compartment and close it. but after a couple of days i had the same problem again. furthermore the compass was not able to show 00° - north, although the day before it worked... i compared the result with the iphone and an anlaog compass, they all showed me north properly. hopefully it is only a software issue and not a hardware problem.

I spoke with their tech support. Aeris is aware of the issue and is in the process of testing a new firmware version that should address this problem.

hi Steyr,

same here with my device. it has firmware r1e and i received at 1 week ago. one solution which may work is to open the battery compartment and close it. but after a couple of days i had the same problem again. furthermore the compass was not able to show 00° - north, although the day before it worked... i compared the result with the iphone and an anlaog compass, they all showed me north properly. hopefully it is only a software issue and not a hardware problem.

anyone having auto dim issues? mine never un dims, super hard to read because it always goes back to 10%. I think we must be doing something wrong because my wives is doing it too...???

Looks very promising. Please post and video when it's available.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom