A300CS OLED Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I spoke with their tech support. Aeris is aware of the issue and is in the process of testing a new firmware version that should address this problem.
Thanks Jon - nice to know.

---------- Post added August 25th, 2014 at 10:14 AM ----------

When the firmware update is available, can it be downloaded and installed via the USB link, or does it need to be returned to the manufacturer?

Also, what is the best way to be informed of when the firmware update becomes available? I rang the Australian wholesaler today and they had no idea of known issues or firmware updates. They said to take it back to my LDS, but my LDS will have no knowledge of these things either.

You can update it from your PC. In addition to the compass fix, it is suppose to fix the digital clock problem which I've experienced. Tech support told me it was being released on Friday but I have not seen the update yet.
Your software should detect that a new update is available.

Thanks Jon - nice to know.

---------- Post added August 25th, 2014 at 10:14 AM ----------

When the firmware update is available, can it be downloaded and installed via the USB link, or does it need to be returned to the manufacturer?

Also, what is the best way to be informed of when the firmware update becomes available? I rang the Australian wholesaler today and they had no idea of known issues or firmware updates. They said to take it back to my LDS, but my LDS will have no knowledge of these things either.

I'm having trouble getting the Firmware updated. I am using a PC, but could use a Mac if better. I get an error message every time I try to do the upgrade. Does anyone have any tips for how to get past this?
Thanks!

Huzzah! Firmware updated and compass calibrated successfully. :banana:

Although immediately after turning it 360 and fully forming the circle it made me do the 360 again, which I didn't think was right. But hey, it calibrated successfully (confirmed against a second compass), so that's the main thing.

New firmware ver. F released on today.

do you guys know if there are release notes available?

cheers
hupe

I cannot find release notes after 10 minutes of google-ing (the amount of time it normally takes to find anything that is on the web) :)

I can't find anything on version F either.

Is there any way to get dive time/bottom time/whatever you want to call it on the main screen rather than having to go through another menu to see it? As an instructor, in low-viz murky,silty, and dark water, I want to be able to glance quickly at my computer rather than having to mess with menus to see this information.

i think during a dive, you hit the Adv button once it will show you EDT. (current dive time)

Doesn't work for me. I bought one of the earliest units, and I bet it needs a hardware update. I''l try again with a Mac but I bet the unit will have to be replaced.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom