A300CS OLED Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gotten mine with 1E firmware. All works except compass. Upgraded to 1F and all resolved, as far as i can tell.

Same here, just got one with 1F and connects to PC via USB right away and compass calibrates in less then a minute. Don't have the bluetooth dongle to try it yet, but connected to my Nexus 7 (don't have any app to try :)

hi guys i need some help

i connect my 300cs to my windows 8.1 computer and i get connected on the screen, but cant get it to display in the aeris program when i go into read setting from dc i get an error message "dime time error (mm:sec)" dont know what to do

Screen Protector what screen protector. I purchased and early model a the dive show and it did not have one with it. Someone mentioned calling Aeries Service can someone provide a number for me to call.
I am leaving for Fiji next Friday for two week and would love to have a protector on my A300cs.

tbuechner@san.rr.com

Thanks!

Oh, I've also got one of early devices (S/N 477), and there was no any screen protector.
Is there any way to get one?

OK, my experience with the Aeris A300 CS OLED. Not that good. I am currently in Bonaire on day 4 of a 14 day trip. I purchased the computer and rented a tank and checked out everything before my trip. I even updated to the F software. I did apply the screen protector. Everything seemed to be working perfectly so off to Bonaire I went. I have used the computer on 6 dives now. It worked well for the first dive and then I began having connection problems underwater. I do use a camera with strobes (twin Ikelite DS 125 with Canon 5D) so I thought the problem was related to the strobes as the manual suggested. The computer/transmitter connection just got worse from there. On dive 4 it connected for a few minutes and then did not re-connect for the rest of the dive. On dive 5 it would not even connect pre-dive and never did connect while diving. Now no connection AT ALL. I have used hoseless computers for years with only minor problems. I have plenty of PC and iOS experience. With some frustration I am now able to connect the computer to my laptop and run the software. I have made several software changes to the computer and I have changed out the batteries in both the computer and transmitter. I have tried moving the transmitter to a different port. I have tried diving without my camera. I have tried everything I know to do and I still cannot get the computer to connect to the transmitter, even on the surface.
The screen is very difficult to see in daylight and during safety stops. I have the brightness set at 100%. Is there a "factory reset" for the computer that I can try to see if I have changed some setting that keeps it from connecting to the transmitter? I would like to try to enjoy the use of this computer during the rest of my trip but without tank pressure and nitrox calculations I do not see a continued use for it during this trip. Unless Aeris can overnight a new computer and transmitter to me here in Bonaire.
The connection issues and visibility problems will kill this computer. I hope they can work these out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom