AA Changed Flts with no Notification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two more lessons : mobile passport cbp phone app as fast as global entry entering USA customs and immigration. and don’t change planes in or fly from Texas.

Mobile passport is on borrowed time; it's no longer available in DFW, and I've heard not in IAH either, (will tell you for sure in 1 month). The reason is the roll-out of facial recognition technology, which improves the wait times pretty dramatically. That said, cvchief is right, Global Entry can't be beat.

Mobile passport is on borrowed time; it's no longer available in DFW, and I've heard not in IAH either, (will tell you for sure in 1 month). The reason is the roll-out of facial recognition technology, which improves the wait times pretty dramatically. That said, cvchief is right, Global Entry can't be beat.

Funny you should mention facial rec... Two trips through Hobby April and May. First one the had a cowboy guy explaining it was facial rec now. Second trip, it mismatched the wife. I could see a couple point, but, no offense, they matched her to a much older, shall we say less attractive lady on a flight that wasn't even in immigration, and then printed her slip with that ladies pic. She was a little ticked. The customs guy was like yea, that ain't you...

And no doubt because of that sort of thing, now they want to look at your passport which slows you a little.

One one or maybe both flights to coz from hobby, they facial scanned as we boarded the plane too.

Plus Global entry give you TSA pre. Pre is like 80? and global is only 20 more, right?

Funny you should mention facial rec... Two trips through Hobby April and May. First one the had a cowboy guy explaining it was facial rec now. Second trip, it mismatched the wife. I could see a couple point, but, no offense, they matched her to a much older, shall we say less attractive lady on a flight that wasn't even in immigration, and then printed her slip with that ladies pic. She was a little ticked. The customs guy was like yea, that ain't you...

And no doubt because of that sort of thing, now they want to look at your passport which slows you a little.

One one or maybe both flights to coz from hobby, they facial scanned as we boarded the plane too.

Plus Global entry give you TSA pre. Pre is like 80? and global is only 20 more, right?
Here at DFW they are using the facial recognition at the Global entry kiosks but here is the catch, there is no longer a dedicated immigration officer que and when you wait in line with foreign visitors being questioned it no longer has much value. No lack of ICE officers, they hangout in packs, but only a few of the many booths are actually manned.

Here at DFW they are using the facial recognition at the Global entry kiosks but here is the catch, there is no longer a dedicated immigration officer que and when you wait in line with foreign visitors being questioned it no longer has much value. No lack of ICE officers, they hangout in packs, but only a few of the many booths are actually manned.

You know I think in Hobby we were sharing with the crew line. Maybe the fr nationals too? Of course we were the only plane there at the time.

First time in Hobby this year I needed to do my 're-interview' for GE. asked to do it and they shuttle me off to the side to wait, while packs of customs guy were in fact wandering around. I was getting worried about the connection so I had to waive the master tin to get some attention. Then they had to find the person logged into the special computer because it wouldn't work for anyone else. Very nice peeps though, once we got it moving.

But you still will need the form for each family or member declaring if you’re bringing back a banned item, who you are, where you went. That’s different then global entry or facial recognition. Facial recognition is for immigration not customs. Mobile passport does all that electronically and transmits to cbp officer.

First time in Hobby this year I needed to do my 're-interview' for GE.

Wife & I did the same a couple weeks ago. They had a booth manned just for interviews. Quick and easy. It was a great time saver for us as we live a long way from an international airport that keeps customs office hours. Guess we caught a good day. :)

But you still will need the form for each family or member declaring if you’re bringing back a banned item, who you are, where you went. That’s different then global entry or facial recognition. Facial recognition is for immigration not customs. Mobile passport does all that electronically and transmits to cbp officer.

Sorry if I misunderstood you, but Global Entry covers both immigration and customs. No forms at all.

I only know what global entry does. We land and I go to the kiosk. I touch the screen and it takes a picture of me and the machine spits out a printout that I then give to the person at the desk. Done. Well worth the money. No declarations, no interview, no nothing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom