AB/MC Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VaScubaGirl

Reaction score
So I guess the consolation prize for not being able to dive all weekend is I am the first to comment on the trip.

First, kudos to Wreck Wench for doing a fantastic job organizing this trip and to Dandy Don (aka G-daddy) for all his hard work in making sure the boat was full!

The trip was great. Diver Down is a nice sized boat...two dive masters and Captain Bobby are not only efficient and great at their jobs, they keep us safe without hasseling us (and were an absolute riot after the boat docked for the evening!) Nice little sun deck (my favorite hang out) and plenty of room below to store stuff you want to keep dry.

You couldn't ask for nicer weather...gorgeous blue skies, gentle breezes, hardly any chop...lots of sunshine! It was a bit chilly in the morning, but warmed up later on. The water was warmer than the air...about 76 top to bottom and the visibility was out of this world...80-100 feet. We dove the Shurz, both dives and my buddy (who has dove it many times) said he was getting disoriented because he wasn't used to seeing the whole wreck! Marine life was cool...including a couple of huge loggerhead turtles, conger eels, moray eels, and BIG groupers...more about them in a bit.

All the divers on the boat were great...a lot of fun to dive with and hang out with between and after dives. WW made sure we did not go hungry on this trip! There were donuts, coffee, granola bars, and fruit in the morning. Then chips and lots of sandwich fixins (make your own however you want) water and sodas between dives and beer for the way back in.

Captain Bobby (happy birthday!) went down to spear us some grouper for dinner and ended up losing his gun. We could see it drifting, but even with the scooter, by the time one of the guys got into the water to retrieve it the currents had pushed it a long ways out so we called him back. So we did our second dive and then went looking for the gun. As BradfordNC said, it was worse than finding a needle in a haystack, we were trying to find a stick in the ocean! I have to stay, I was amazed when we found it thanks to some very sharp eyes and good calculations with the current.

Back at the dock, after we cleaned up we had a big cookout. WW again thanks!!! There were fat steaks, the grouper Captain Bobby cooked, salmon, crab dip with croutons, sushi, potato salad, coleslaw, a birthday cake, wine beer and sodas. Geez I think I gained 5 pounds this weekend!

Had a fantastic time...though I was literally green with envy when the boat pulled out yesterday morning without me (I had to go to work)...but NEXT time...I'm going for the whole trip! Can't wait to dive with you guys again. For those of you who took pictures, maybe you could upload and post them? Or at least email them to me!

:tails:

AB/MC is Atlantic Beach/Morehead City in North Carolina...sorry I guess I get a little too used to acronyms at work! :wink:

VaScubaGirl once bubbled...
AB/MC is Atlantic Beach/Morehead City in North Carolina...sorry I guess I get a little too used to acronyms at work! :wink:

We will have no more acronyms on the board. :mean:

Thanks VA Scuba Girl!!! But you were quite the hit on the boat! Sure wish we could get some of the other gals on the board to join us...I'm sure they'd end up with 3-4 guys flirting with them as well. I noticed a few numbers and email addresses being exchanged....you'll have to keep us posted!!! :wink: Of course I got a few myself so I'm not complaining! Nothing like a long day on the ocean...watching dolphin pods everyday play with the boat...diving on history that most people don't realize is in our backyards...and then finding all sorts of cool things...to give you LOTS of things to talk about! :wink: Oh yes...and the sights underwater were great too! Talk about some great viz....or was that eye candy????

diverjed once bubbled...

We will have no more acronyms on the board. :mean:

You mean I have to say "Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus" for "SCUBA"...?!?

DON

eye candy?

mmmmmmmmm

me likey likey candy

=-)

great trip WW. i had a blast all weekend, even if we did 3 dives on Bridgespan #13 :eek:ut:

lol

will definately come back for more.

Brad :boom:

dandydon once bubbled...

You mean I have to say "Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus" for "SCUBA"...?!?

DON

Yes! I am afraid so. I have had it up to here with the acronym world.

It leads to people thinking they can take a shortcut out of everything.

Hey thanks...just saw this...but I just LOVE bridgespan #14....it gives up such cool stuff like sterling silver forks and knives!!!

P.S. glad you liked the 'candy'....guess there was lots of that being "seen" that weekend!! LOL!!!!

Bummer you can't make the Feb singles trip...VA Scuba gal let the cat out you had to work! :(

BradfordNC once bubbled...
eye candy?

mmmmmmmmm

me likey likey candy

=-)

great trip WW. i had a blast all weekend, even if we did 3 dives on Bridgespan #13 :eek:ut:

lol

will definately come back for more.

Brad :boom:

Back
Top Bottom