Abalone Point / El Moro /

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

george_austin

Contributor
Reaction score
Los Angeles,CA. Alcoi, Espana, Los Barilles, Baja
# of dives
5000 - ∞
OK, so who has dived Abalone Point at El Moro in the Crystal Cove State Park area?
It looks to me like it would be one hell of a dive if the conditions are right. There is a way to do is from the beach but it would require MINIMALIST gear - like a AL50 tank, a shorty wetsuit, light on lead - mask and fins. With this gear config and a sense of adventure, you could conceivably walk from the parking area, thru the tunnel and south to Abalone Point at the south end of El Moro. It's going to be the better part of 1 mile though . . . It would obviously be much easier to charter a smallcraft and anchor off the point for the diving.

The reason I ask is because I was surfing there las weekend and made a few free dives to check it out - the water was crystal clear and blue and that vertical cliff / wall looked like it had great potential. Lotsa fish and accessibilty issues make it look like it would be pretty wild and not picked over - Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom