About to start certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kwajsmile

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hey all! I've recently moved to the Marshall Islands. Diving has always been on my bucket list but, having lived mostly in the desert, it's never truly presented it's self as a regular activity I could do. Now that I can literally walk out my door and dive on a daily basis I can not wait! Any advice, encouragement or tips would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone has had the pleasure of diving out here please let me know!

That's awesome. I'm looking to make a similar move, but solely for the purpose of diving. What is it that you do that allowed you to move to the Marshall Islands? I currently live in Thailand and was in Singapore before this...so not so far away.
Encouragement, just do it. You will love it. Even if at first you are hesitant, just stick with it. It will win you over.

Years ago landed on Kwajalein on the way to TRUK. Beautiful. There is nothing quite like SCUBA. Nice thing for you, women adapt to diving, whereas, men normally fight it. You are in for a truly wonderful experience.

Welcome, and have fun!

Years ago landed on Kwajalein on the way to TRUK. Beautiful. There is nothing quite like SCUBA. Nice thing for you, women adapt to diving, whereas, men normally fight it. You are in for a truly wonderful experience.
Women/men---please explain further.

That's awesome. I'm looking to make a similar move, but solely for the purpose of diving. What is it that you do that allowed you to move to the Marshall Islands? I currently live in Thailand and was in Singapore before this...so not so far away.
Encouragement, just do it. You will love it. Even if at first you are hesitant, just stick with it. It will win you over.

Hi! My husband took a DoD position on Kwaj. It's a beautiful place. I'm hooked on snorkeling and can't wait to go deeper!

Women/men---please explain further.
As with so many sports, men want to use power and force; whereas, women seem to adapt and use finesse. In diving, adapting to the environment, not fighting it is the best solution - think buoyancy control and enjoying the dive.

As with so many sports, men want to use power and force; whereas, women seem to adapt and use finesse. In diving, adapting to the environment, not fighting it is the best solution - think buoyancy control and enjoying the dive.

Probably the most sexist thing I have read on Scubaboard. Also, completely inaccurate based on what I have seen in over 20 years of diving.
How long have you been a SCUBA instructor to notice this trend? Is this just an Ohio thing?

Probably the most sexist thing I have read on Scubaboard. Also, completely inaccurate based on what I have seen in over 20 years of diving.
How long have you been a SCUBA instructor to notice this trend? Is this just an Ohio thing?
Opinions. Only 26 years of diving and 25 years as an instructor (PADI Master Instructor, IANTD Deep Air Advanced Nitrox Instructor and SSI Instructor) and I've only trained 400+ students and assisted Course Directors in training Dive Masters and Assistant Instructors during IDCs. If you desire to continue this discourse please start another conversation. My apologies to KWAJSMILES for disrupting her thread!

Opinions. Only 26 years of diving and 25 years as an instructor (PADI Master Instructor, IANTD Deep Air Advanced Nitrox Instructor and SSI Instructor) and I've only trained 400+ students and assisted Course Directors in training Dive Masters and Assistant Instructors during IDCs. If you desire to continue this discourse please start another conversation. My apologies to KWAJSMILES for disrupting her thread!
No worries CRT2! If there's one thing I've noticed being surrounded by novice divers and lifers, it's that everyone seems to have their own story and/or opinions. It's all good. I'm looking forward to experiencing it all for myself and am sure that my stories and opinions will be just as similar and equally different to those I've heard and read about. It's all knowledge and experience that I'm hopeful will help me along the way!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom