Abysmal Regulators..I need some input

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TRUETEXAN

Contributor
Reaction score
I would first like to start off by saying that I am a hardcore Zeagle and Apeks fan and I currently dive a Zeagle Flathead VI that I wouldn't trade for any reg. That being said, a guy showed up at our local dive site the other day with a new Abysmal Explorer reg and I had not ever seen one before so I asked him if I could look at it and he did me one better, he let me take it for a quick spin, now granted it was a short dive to about 90 feet but I must say that I was very impressed, and I think I could get to like this reg in a hurry. I was just wondering if anyone out there had any experience with them or knew anything about them, don't get me wrong, I ain't getting rid of my Zeagle and Apeks stuff, I'm just curious??????????

I have been told by a few people that it is some kind of Poseidon hybrid, but this thing breates way better than any Poseidon, at least at the depth I was at. I am told that the Poseidon regs are much better below 100 feet, but I have never really seen one that was working right or didn't need to be adjusted or wasn't being cussed by it' owner..

The First stage is Poseidon and the 2nd is a Kirby Morgan. I have never dove the reg, but Advanced Diver managzine did a review a few issues back and liked it. It could make a good deco bottle reg?

Eric

My instructor for my divemaster course (Ron Carlo) is very familiar with these regs and would be happy to answer your questions.

I'll PM you his email address.

--TM

Back
Top Bottom