Abyss or Proton 32?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blacktip

New
Reaction score
I'm about to buy a regulator package and the shop offered me a package with the old Abyss or one with the proton metal 32. (These both had the same octo and BCD). Any advice as to which one to go for?
Thanks.

Unless you intend to do a lot of traveling and ounces in your baggage count - go with the Abyss.

The Abyss all metal 2nd stage helps with dry mouth and the wider exhaust T make for less bubble interference - this a great regulator. There is no measurable difference in performance and underwater there is no apparent difference in weight between the two.

The only difference between the 1st stages is the weight and as I said before, this is only important if you travel and must keep weight down. And this should not be a real problem, since normally, I would suggest you carry your regs in your carry-on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom