ACB 20 Weight System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has Halcyon recently discontinued this product as I can't find it on their web site?

It appears as though they have discontinued production. Not sure why someone would want 30-40lbs on their waist webbing. I have the earlier (2008) ABS 12 system (barely used), which is horizonally oriented available for sale...

Halcyon's currently availiable ABS systems. BC System Weighting | Halcyon Dive Systems

Per Casey McKinlay:

"Yes, this product has been discontinued.
Better alternatives include weighted tank adaptors, trim weight pockets and
acb10 or a combination of these products."

How much weight are you wanting to put on your kit? (so we can look at optimal distribution)

The customer feedback we consistently received regarding the ACB20 described it to be rather cumbersome on the waist belt, making it harder to mount a light canister with ease, also essentially disabled the Cinch capabilities. When you look at re-distributing the weight, and having the ACB10 as ditchable you will find it makes for a much more balanced and streamlined kit.

Thank you for your interest in our product line!

I have an Infinity single setup with steel plate and 5 pound STA weight but on upcoming trip will be constrained by 40 lb per passenger float plane weight limit and only AL80 tanks are available. Water will be salt and 5 C so with the heavy cold water underwear I thought ACB20 would fill need for more weight, but if you're saying it does not work with the Cinch then that option would not do.

Figure I'll need about 30 - 32 lbs so even with trim weights I'll likely have to add a weight belt since the STA weight won't be traveling with me. Any plans to redesign the ACB20 pockets so they will work with the Cinch?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom