Accident at Vortex Springs 8-20-10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a place for, or benefit of HARSH criticism of a diver's actions and judgement in an accident analysis thread such as this?

Absolutely - life isn't an event where you get a certificate or ribbon for just showing up...

If someone does something dangerous they need to be called on it in a single resounding voice.... If it makes one other individual reconsider their own actions - it will have saved a life... This turning the blind eye within the community has gone on long enough... We have too many avoidable fatalities... We still have too many divers dying for breaking the rules or going too far too fast......

Last edited by a moderator:
Please listen to Cave Diver. He is the only one of you that Gets IT! And for the one that sent me that private e-mail - I'll go where I please and you sir are not welcome to send me your private snarly, disgusting e-mails!

Absolutely - life isn't an event where you get a certificate or ribbon for just showing up...

If someone does something stupid they need to be called on it in a single resounding voice.... If it makes one other individual reconsider their own actions - it will have saved a life... This turning the blind eye within the community has gone on long enough... We have too many avoidable fatalities... We still have too many divers dying for breaking the rules or going too far too fast......

So true. I actually got on someone this morning for planning dumb stuff. I hate to do it but better mad than dead.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Thread closed until a new information surfaces or a non-involved mod can review the continued degeneration of the discussion.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

We're going to try this again...

This thread will remain closed, but I've created a new thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ac...vortex-missing-diver-incident-aug-2010-a.html

Stick to the discussion and analysis of the incident and leave the discussion and analysis of the person out of it.

If you violate this rule, or you quote and respond someone who violates this rule, you may lose your posting privileges in this thread. Consider this your warning.

• The posts that were selected to be copied to this thread were chosen because they were relevant, informative or directly addressing a valid question.
  • Usernames have been removed from quoted posts.
  • Some posts or quotes have been edited for content and I've tried to make this thread flow as smoothly as possible with my selections and edits.
  • If you have a post that wasn't included, it is not intended as a slight, it just didn't fit the streamlined nature of this thread.
  • If you don't like my edits you can address them here.

FINAL NOTE: If a post is inflammatory, insulting contains name calling etc. Press the report button on the lower left under the user name. DO NOT respond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom