Accident because outboard engine caught fire: Part1, by lumba lumba diving centre

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have been silent about the incident for some time because we had a temporary suspension of our Scubaboard account. We violated the TOS rules by doing the registration of Dorien as a member.

We have now returned to the thread to offer an apology to all readers for having shown such poor judgment in our response to the unfortunate events surrounding the accident with one of our boats.

We created the account with Dorien’s consent in order to repost her original story from this website scubasg.com

Lumba Lumba – Pulau Weh – Serious Safety Concerns – and a dangerous incident reply #25

We fully realize we made a huge mistake and should have done it differently, by putting the links to her own posting on scubasg.com directly under our own username instead of using her mandate.

We sincerely apologize to all readers about this action, which of course led to lots of confusion and speculation and damaged our credibility.

To conclude, we realize we have made many mistakes handling this, and we are very sorry for that. We take full responsibility for these mistakes, have learned from them, and have since acted to make our policies and procedures better.

Thanks for your attention,

Ton & Marjan
Lumba Lumba Diving Centre

You should have been banned from the forum but also banned form any diving commercial activities and more,
And excuses are too late, they should have been made long time before this post...

I do not believe for one second that Dorien, the injured diver, approved Lumba Lumba posting in her name. I will not believe it until Dorien herself posts - from an IP that can be verified from a Scubaboard moderator. I disagree with Scubaboard allowing Lumba Lumba to have their posting privileges restored, as what they did was such a heinous violation of this community's standards. In my opinion they should be banned permanently.

The behavior of this dive op up to this point shows a startling level of dishonesty and deceit. These are character flaws that don't disappear just because the person gets caught red-handed in their lie.

If Scubaboard allows dive ops to mis-use this forum the way Lumba Lumba did, it will lose all credibility and usefulness as a resource to divers looking for valid information about dive ops.

Lumba Lumba, sorry but the damage has been done. Your excuses and weak apology come only after you were blatantly busted in a bald-faced lie. You should have consulted with someone who knows something about PR before you posted your diatribe, and stole the identity of a diver your operation injured, posting as her all over the internet. It's unforgivable.

And the worst part is, all you are apologizing for is supposedly posting as her with her "consent"...no apologies about the incident itself, no accepting responsibility for the shoddy safety practices, no admission that you pretended to be someone you aren't. No proof that she "consented".

Pathetic.

i belive this is all lip service , this is why i check out all my diving destinations thoughly , i wont (cancelled with them ) dive with this operation too many people to blame , operator is blamless of course ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Well, his limited admissions and apologies is a nice play. Hard to say what will come of this. I once posted a scathing report on the worst Op I'd been out with or heard of, expecting them to vanish in time, but now I hear that they are one of the better ones on Ambergis Cay now. Surprises happen.

Many of y'all have noticed that I am a fanatic about CO risks in tanks, but the studies support my stand and DAN & the agencies are still in the previous millennium on the risk - business first, and this is a prime example of the need for personal tank CO analyzers. Good ideas even in Canada, US, more regulated counties, but essential in less controlled & tropical destinations.

I just don't get how LL are so willing to accept responsibility and apologise for the post made in Doriens name, yet made that rambling, gibberish heavy incident report earlier in this thread.

If they had posted that kind of admission/apology at the beginning of all this it probably would never have got this far.

They seem to be much more concerned with their PR than nearly killing someone with a burning boat.

So Lumba Lumba had came out and admitted all the guilt and hideous crimes committed.
It is the right time to BAN it for good.

I just don't get how LL are so willing to accept responsibility and apologise for the post made in Doriens name, yet made that rambling, gibberish heavy incident report earlier in this thread.

If they had posted that kind of admission/apology at the beginning of all this it probably would never have got this far.

They seem to be much more concerned with their PR than nearly killing someone with a burning boat.

Dadgum! I just read through this thread. Can't believe what has happened! Not the accident itself but the junk afterward.

You know, you really do a very poor job in your attempts to cover up the truth here. [/I]
There is no attempt by me to cover up Don. Just an attempt to reason with the facts provided. I can only assume from your personal attacks on me that I have offended you by challenging you.
I would prefer to keep emotions out of this, so I will just say that I assume your efforts are to inform and protect scuba board members.
Devon did a fine job at pointing out how worthless the reference claims and photos are, but you're pretending to not notice. :silly:
The claims and photos are not worthless. Only if you assume they are falsified, are they worthless. That information is yet to be determined. So your insinuation and mocking really seem misplaced to me Don.
Keep in mind that we all know that the alleged post from the injured diver posting from Belgium was deleted and the member banned. The high standards of SB prevent Mods from sharing the evidence as to why such was done, but one can easily assume that it was a hoax with a comfortable degree of certainty.
Now, Devon is a Mod here and privy to behind the scene facts that he cannot post about, but if that alleged post from Belgium had been authentic and removed for other reasons, his approach here would be different I'm sure. One can safely assume that he knows it was a hoax and while he cannot say so, this information bolsters his already well founded stand here.
Only today have I learned the member was banned and also today that they are back.
One can easily assume? The link I provided gave an explanation as to why “Doriens” post was inappropriate. That information is repeated above. It seems you continue to raise alarms without any evidence, with no regard for the reputation of others.
If you really are a blithering fool within this discussion, for your own safety I suggest you accept that the dangers, risks, and injuries have been real at that destination. If you are not a fool but just a liar, well - you have to live with your wrongs. We don't, and I think most here will easily reject your postings as worthless as best.
Don, I am an adult. And as such am able to reason the risks and dangers on my own thank you.
At this point Don, I think its pointless to discuss this any further with you. I can see you are upset.

Nah, not upset at all. I am cynical and I usually know smokescreens when I see one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom