Accident in Cozumel with possible fatality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

digdug87

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
This morning, when my group surfaced. People were preforming CPR on a diver on our boat. A another boat picked my group up, while our boat transported the victim to shore. I haven't heard anything regarding the victim, but from what I saw & heard it did not look favorable.

Hopefully you’re diving with them again tomorrow and can get an update. Not knowing the outcome would be bothersome to me. Hoping things turned around for them. Let us know.

I am sorry to hear about the stricken diver as well your exposure to the loss of the boatmate. Just witnessing another diver on your boat in such an emergency can be traumatic. I'm sure that you can learn more today from your dive op or from his FB page, and it'd be understandable if you weren't interested in going out tomorrow. Do talk about the experience, your feelings, etc - here or with someone there as that can be the best for you.

I would like to make a clarificication. The diver who had a accident/incident was not from our boat. The crew of the boat that we were from saw or heard his buddy calling for help and picked them up.

Not much said here. No dive op or boat named. They don't do Cpr for decompression so who knows?
A tourist who was diving along the south coast area in Cozumel's Archifes National Park suffered a decompression and had to be returned to land. She was taken to the Palancar Beach Club, where she was assisted by paramedics and transferred to a private hospital. According to information collected, the tourist was moved to a private hospital, remaining unconscious.

Back
Top Bottom