accommodation options - 31.12.10 !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were at Turneffe Flats at the end of September. Water temp was a consistent 29 Celsius. Both of us were comfortable in full 3mm suits, but I would consider bringing a hood/hoodie if I were you.

Sept has the warmest water of the year here. Even I only wear a hooded vest while free diving for 4-5 hours. But in Dec Jan through March, I'm in a full 3.5 mm suit with a 2 mm hooded vest underneath.

We were at Turneffe Flats at the end of September. Water temp was a consistent 29 Celsius. Both of us were comfortable in full 3mm suits, but I would consider bringing a hood/hoodie if I were you.

Employees of the Flats also suggest the Radisson. Some of our fellow divers stayed the night at the Princess. When asked how the place was, they all simply shook their heads in disgust and moaned.

Off topic:

You're back already? When you have time, I'd love to see a report comparing Turneffe Flats to Turneffe Island Resort.

Back on topic.

You're back already? When you have time, I'd love to see a report comparing Turneffe Flats to Turneffe Island Resort.

I'm working on it (13+ pages and photos thus far). Keep watching as I think I will be done next week.

To the OP; sorry for the interruption in your thread.

> Cracer - not at all! In fact I now am also really looking forward to your post on Turneffe. I'll be there (albeit TIR - not Flats) in a couple of weeks now and hope that you can post your report before then! Really excited about our stay at Turneffe and am very interested to hear how the diving was.

To date, our favorite resort is............:D.

You'll just have to wait for my review.:eyebrow:

> Cracer - not at all! In fact I now am also really looking forward to your post on Turneffe. I'll be there (albeit TIR - not Flats) in a couple of weeks now and hope that you can post your report before then! Really excited about our stay at Turneffe and am very interested to hear how the diving was.

I was just there yesterday. Two guys, one from the Shetland Islands, and a Canadian, both who have been working here on a fish cage farm for over two years, had never been there. We went to the Elbow and they were blown away. Vis wasn't THAT great...only about 80 feet or so. Saw a big kingfish, lots of snappers....among all the other ornamental fish. Really nice. I think you'll love it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom