accommodations suggestions- las terrazzas or victoria house?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jweak2

Reaction score
I am going to Belize this summer with some friends that are renting a large house. We have a few extra people that want to stay somewhere outside of this house. Anybody know anything about las terrazzas or victoria house? Any other suggestions? How is Xanadu? Is it really too far away to stay on the northern part of the island if the rest of our group is closer to town?

You'll probably find las Terrazzas less convenient, as you'll need to get backwards and forwards by boat. Walking is quite possible and fun, along the beach, but you won't want to do that many times and not at all after dark. Against that, the resort is classy, has a good dive shop right outside (White Sands), and the area is much more peaceful and "Caribbean" than south of town. I believe they have a restaurant but I'm not sure, but there are several superb restaurants a short beach walk away.

Victoria House is very up-scale, and you will either like that or you won't. I personally wouldn't. It's much more of a real hotel than las Terrazzas, with more facilities, but no dive shop anywhere near. You'll have to arrange pickups with one of the dive shops, and the hotel will do that for you. Again, I'd rather have a dive shop I could walk to, but that's just me. VH is maybe 2.5 miles south of town, at the very end of the metalled road. Road transport is easy, whether rented golf cart, motorbike, bicycle, or taxi. VH is is one of the most expensive hotels around on Ambergris Caye. Up-scale and very expensive bar/restaurant.

Xanadu has always had a good name. It's greatly cheaper than VH, possibly of the same order as lT (that's a guess). It's small and often gets full up months in advance. It now has a dive shop not too far away. No restaurant or bar.

There are many other places you could consider. A few yards along the beach from Xanadu is Caribbean Villas, with a nice beach bar that usually does bar food. They also rent/teach windsailing etc.

Where will the rest of your group be staying? And do you yet have dive arrangements made?

Have a look at Belize Lodging Guide, Resorts, Hotels, Accommodations, Reservations, Rooms in Belize for more ideas.

Thanks for the information! The rest of our group is renting a house, Villa Incommunicada. We haven't made dive arrangements yet. Any suggestions?

That's well south of San Pedro. You'd find las Terrazzas very inconvenient if you want to dive/spend time with people staying there. Of the places you mentioned, Victoria House makes most sense. But there are lots of other places even nearer to Villa Incommunicada, especially around the Mosquito Coast area. Look up the link I gave you to find them.

Pelican reef is only a mile away from VI, it is very well run, Condos that are rented out. a little pricer than VH.
you can't go wrong with either

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom