Active Dive Master Status

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is not true.

You can loose statues for serious violations of standards, such as sexual herassment, killing a student, etc.

you might get a warrning or even a suspention for less serious ones.

I guess if the lack of dive flag was the reason a person was hurt then i could see the instructor and the DM being punished.

Your DM certification is forever just like all other padi certs. If you wish to maintain teaching satues then you are required to have current insurance and be an active member of padi

by being a member of padi they will provide you with all the standards updates, and access to their members section of the web site which is also needed to teach, etc.

as a dive master you will be required to work with an active instructor, it will be in his best intrest to evaluate your skills, knowledge of diving and padi standards. it is self regulated.

just think what you guys would say if padi required another course or something

I know one instructor who was diving with three other friends..just for fun

the three friends all died

the instructor was not disaplined by padi because it was not a teachin event, however he lost his job and has been shunned by the industry.

he finaly had to go out and get a real job

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom