Active Divers over the age of 50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm 64 and a late bloomer. I got my OW four years ago and my AOW two years ago. The pandemic put the kibosh on my dive log. I do most of my diving at Lake Phoenix Scuba Park in Rawlings, Virginia during the summer. I've also done some diving in Hawaii, Florida, and Dominica.
I'm another late bloomer. I'm 67 and started 8 years ago. Mostly cold water (Puget Sound), but also warm if I get the chance. I know at some point wading in and out with my steel HP119, camera, and all the other gear will get to be too much, but I hope not for a long time. Grew up in Denver and my first time snorkeling was in my early 30's. In the Marshall Islands. Got me totally hooked, but it took a long time till I managed to $tart diving.

I'm 51 and dive every other weekend. I also have a YouTube channel about diving Point Pleasant RR bridge in New Jersey and Belmar.

Is the Venture III, Paul Helper, still in business?

I'm another late bloomer. I'm 67 and started 8 years ago. Mostly cold water (Puget Sound), but also warm if I get the chance. I know at some point wading in and out with my steel HP119, camera, and all the other gear will get to be too much, but I hope not for a long time. Grew up in Denver and my first time snorkeling was in my early 30's. In the Marshall Islands. Got me totally hooked, but it took a long time till I managed to $tart diving.Again, my dad was 78 before he decided to get his PADI OW. He had done diving since 1953. After hearing of my dive activities. He got certified with a couple of his friends. I went diving w/him for 4 hrs. Arthritis caused him to end his diving endeavors. I showed him all of my fave Florida dive locations.
giantfroginthepool

I'm another late bloomer. I'm 67 and started 8 years ago. Mostly cold water (Puget Sound), but also warm if I get the chance. I know at some point wading in and out with my steel HP119, camera, and all the other gear will get to be too much, but I hope not for a long time. Grew up in Denver and my first time snorkeling was in my early 30's. In the Marshall Islands. Got me totally hooked, but it took a long time till I managed to $tart diving.
Lots of "mature" divers here in S. Florida that beach dive with a big ole hunkin camera.. Mostly at Blue Heron Bridge..

This Was supposed to be a reply…not an add-on. …scuse’🫢
Lots of "mature" divers here in S. Florida that beach dive with a big ole hunkin camera.. Mostly at Blue Heron Bridge..
…I really need to find Blue Heron Bridge it looks like a dive that is just my ‘speed’ as a senior diver with self imposed limitations.

Middle 60s Great Lakes diver here, dive at least once a month locally all year round. Yes, that includes ice diving and tech diving. My avatar is me under the ice in Tobermory. Pinnacle dive was 2018, when I was fortunate enough to be in the first 20 divers who dived the Manasoo, 210 ft deep, discovered 2017, sunk 1928 with a 1928 Chevy Coupe in the hold. Everything was pristine: clock on the wall in the pilot house, compass still in its binnacle. Silt undisturbed.

I just finished a night dive in the St Lawrence River on the wreck of the Kinghorn. It was so peaceful and relaxing.

I started diving when I turned 40 and I wish I had started in my 20s.

Don’t plan to quit any time soon.

Not my photos of the Manasoo.

Attachments

• 0146A21E-A3DF-4478-ADAC-D943A3A57BA0.jpeg
    0146A21E-A3DF-4478-ADAC-D943A3A57BA0.jpeg
    132.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 17F2BB6F-320C-4B01-B4D9-7406594BB6C3.png
    17F2BB6F-320C-4B01-B4D9-7406594BB6C3.png
    403.1 KB · Views: 33
52 years. Cold water diver, technical, Rebreather. certified aprox. 10 years ago.

This Was supposed to be a reply…not an add-on. …scuse’🫢

…I really need to find Blue Heron Bridge it looks like a dive that is just my ‘speed’ as a senior diver with self imposed limitations.
Here's a start...

53. Started when I was 50 after a trip to Mexico and falling in love with the Cenotes. Got my cavern completed in January and doing my intro to cave next month.

Middle 60s Great Lakes diver here, dive at least once a month locally all year round. Yes, that includes ice diving and tech diving. My avatar is me under the ice in Tobermory. Pinnacle dive was 2018, when I was fortunate enough to be in the first 20 divers who dived the Manasoo, 210 ft deep, discovered 2017, sunk 1928 with a 1928 Chevy Coupe in the hold. Everything was pristine: clock on the wall in the pilot house, compass still in its binnacle. Silt undisturbed.

I just finished a night dive in the St Lawrence River on the wreck of the Kinghorn. It was so peaceful and relaxing.

I started diving when I turned 40 and I wish I had started in my 20s.

Don’t plan to quit any time soon.

Not my photos of the Manasoo.
…beautiful wrecksite…if you call a wreck beautiful. I love the Chevy Coupe.😀🤿
giantfroginthepool

Back
Top Bottom