Active Watersports Owner Passes Away

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Source

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I did not know Chris, however I just recieved a call by a friend of his and was asked to post the following notice for clarification. I will post further details on arrangements should I recieve them.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Chris Anderson of Active Watersports in St. Catherines was found dead this morning at his home of natural causes.

Mr. Anderson had recently been suffering from several health issues and considerable personal stress.

Our condolences go out to his family at this time.

For my first post this is not one that I was expecting to make.

Ten years ago I was certified by Chris and continued through to the instructor. He quickly became a close friend. It is a great loss to the diving community that Chris has passed. For those that knew him he will always be remembered. My heart goes out to his daughters and family.

Dive Source:
Chris Anderson of Active Watersports in St. Catherines was found dead this morning at his home of natural causes.

What a sad thing to have to report! :sad:

This diminshes the dive community in Ontario.

Ave shalom,

My regards to his family and friends. Here are the service details. Chris will be sorely missed.

Viewing 2-4 and 7-9 Thursday
Service 11:00 Friday

Tallman Funeral Home and Chapel
3277 King St.
Vineland
905-562-5454

Victoria Ave, Vineland to Main St. (lights) turn left, Tallmans is on the left hand side just down a little ways

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Chris and I were good friends in business, as well as friends. Chris taught me my Instructors Course, and he will very missed by many. He leaves behind a mountain of friends, and family with two young daughters.

Mitch Wilson

Rec & Tek SCUBA Inc.
905-385-0300
Hamilton, Ontario

Dive Source:
I did not know Chris, however I just recieved a call by a friend of his and was asked to post the following notice for clarification. I will post further details on arrangements should I recieve them.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Anderson had recently been suffering from several health issues and considerable personal stress.

Our condolences go out to his family at this time.

Thank you to everyone who has posted such kind words about Chris. For those of you that might be interested the store website has a number of photos of Chris posted along with the Eulogy from the funeral. There is also a page where you may leave a message. http://activewatersports.com/memorial/memorial.html
Thanks again to everyone,

Jonathan Brooks

Sad News. Condolences to family.

Back
Top Bottom