Actual Phone Answering Machine Messages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

3dent:
"Hello, this is the refrigerator speaking. The answering machine is out right now, but if you'll speak slowly and distinctly, I'll write a note and stick it on my door."

Been there, used that.

One I've heard of:

"Hi, I'm home right now, but I'm not answering because there's someone I don't want to talk to. So leave a message, and if I don't call you back, it's you."

Nate.

In one of my apartments, we had 3 tapes that we switched regularly, and changed the recordings on each fairly often. Some were amusing, and some were just short. One was, "Message after tone." in a deadpan voice.

I had a conversation with one roommate after I moved out and was loking for the other roommate. It went, "Speak." "Todd." "Wait." Funny, those were the last words I said to Mick, and I haven't seen him in 10 years now.

Mine at the minute says "I'm probably underwater right now. Hopefully my phone isn't. Please leave a message!"

Kinda boring but I don't have to listen to the damn thing.

Nauticalbutnice :fruit:

I had the same problem with people calling just to hear the message. They would get upset if I picked up. Now it's just my cell phone message . . .

Hi, I'm probably diving or sitting at a bar wondering what that stange sound is comming from my pocket, either way, leave a message.

I put the following on my home machine for a while:

"Hello.......Hello...............HEL-LO..................HELLO!.........OH WELL, since nobody's home, leave a message"

I had to change it when I got 6 hangups in a row one day and my wife's grandmother had the phone company out to check her line. ;-)

I don't have an answering machine at home. Caller ID tells me all I need to know.
My cell phone has a prerecorded male voice for voicemail. My mom always freaks out when she gets my voicemail. Later, she tells me some strange man answered, so she hung up.

Back
Top Bottom